Aquaman (2018)

Arthur Curry, the human-born heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, goes on a quest to prevent a war between the worlds of ocean and land.

Did you enjoy Aquaman? Let us know in the comments below! :point_down:

I watched this a while back but man this could’ve been something special.

1 Like

Cannot wait to watch it.

I am going to watch it in honor of the Aquaman movie :raised_hands:

2 Likes

What happened to the Aquaman Spotlight Documentary?

1 Like

It was okay. I’m glad I watched it, but can’t say i’m in any hurry to see it again anytime soon. lol It definitely has that cheesy post 90’s Disney channel feel to it. I was surprised by a few of the actors as well, perfect combination of good and horrible.

I just saw the Aquaman movie last night so getting to spend more time underwater through this pilot was really nice. I actually loved this. In my opinion, this is better than the Smallville pilot and I don’t understand why it was not picked up for series. This really could have been a great show with time to iron out the kinks. The actors were good, some were okay, but Justin Hartley is great as always.

Justin Hartley is the best live action Green Arrow we’ve had and a really strong interpretation of Aquaman. I can now say that all of the live action Aquamen we’ve had have all fit the character really well. Justin Hartley is also just so darn gorgeous <3

4 Likes

Thanks for this! Haven’t watched since high school. Seeing this on here gives me hope that we will one day be able to watch Smallville (my favorite Superman show - He might’ve never worn the full suit but Tom Welling imo is the best Clark Kent/Supes we’ve ever got) on this wonderful app! Thanks DC Universe!

1 Like

I just watched it. Quick reference. AC was also Green Arrow from Smallville. It could have been a cool series. Nice pilot. :shark::shark:

3 Likes

lol they actually put this dumpster fire on here?

3 Likes

@tazeraney smallville currently available on Hulu - all 10 seasons

yooo th AQUAMAN movie was #DOPEAF!! waited practically my whole life for AC to get his due and james wan did NOT disappoint!!

3 Likes

@PJForevr: Thanks, but I know. I don’t have Hulu as I don’t have enough expendable income for both DCU & Hulu. I do though have the box set that came out when the show went off the air… being that it’s my favorite Superman show Id hope it gets on here one day!

I got to say for 2006 this had some real potential. It is a shame it didn’t take off.

4 Likes

Just finished watching it for the 1st time and I have to say it has potential I really liked it to bad it never got picked up for a full series nice seing justin hartley again havent seen him since he was Oliver queen / green arrow on smallville and cool that it’s from the same creators of smallville along with birds of prey tv show man I was sooooo hooked by the end I wanted more of it

1 Like

Awesome!!!

1 Like

Did they had 12 episode before they change their mind

Don’t know why this didn’t get picked up. It had real good potential at the time. This show was suppose to had built the suspense for the movie, that should’ve already been out years ago!! But that’s how it be.

1 Like

As the companion show to Smallville it was clearly supposed to be for the time, this would have been an interesting show. I liked it, had likable characters and a good cast with some decent special effects for a TV pilot in 2006. Also his friend almost dying by the siren… I got to admit that twist got me. Kind of disliked it had so many unresolved subplots (what was up with the people who disappeared coming back looking not a day older… well you will never know… DEAL WITH IT! :wink: )

Not sure if they could have made it work as a weekly thing, especially since it seemed to want to be monster of the week. I mean Aquaman is fine for a series of movies or a comic book that comes out once a month (especially when it isn’t even necessarily one story a month) but if the plan was to do 22 sea creatures/enemies a year that would seem to be hard to keep going. Of course like Smallville it likely would have evolved beyond that same as how Smallville had fewer “meteor freaks” each season after the first one until they moves past it.

Wither way I had never seen it before, glad I finally got a chance to wasn’t sure what to expect besides most of the cast that was in it. But it was a solid 44 minutes of entertainment even if it left open plot points that will never ever be resolved. That is just the nature of pilots.

1 Like

Loved this pilot, even bought it on iTunes! It’s too bad it was never picked up; maybe something DCU could revive??

5 Likes