April's DC Community Fanworks Theme: Celebrating the Man of Steel!

With the Anniversary of Superman’s first DC Comics appearance just around the corner, join us in this month-long celebration of one of our most beloved heroes!

April 18th marks 85th anniversary of the very first appearance of the Man of Steel, and we’re celebrating all month long! Join this month’s DC Community Fanworks theme, and show us what you got!

Have a favorite Superman panel that you want to recreate? Want to showcase your very best Supes victory pose? Whether you’re a journalist from Metropolis or an alien being who fights for justice all around the globe–we want to see your fan art and cosplay…get to it, Fanwork Fam! :superman:

8 Likes

11 Likes

NIIIICE! Watercolor, I’m assuming? :star_struck:

7 Likes

Love these!!

6 Likes

Yes they are watercolor, thank you both very much.

This was my 2nd & 3rd time painting, so I know there are issues but it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot…Mostly don’t try and do small detail with watercolor as a beginner and paint mixing and brush qualities.

6 Likes

I love this! You did a great job.

9 Likes

Thank you :hugs:

7 Likes

This is where I kept messing up. :facepalm_batman: I think it’s really cool when artists are able to imply details with larger strokes … but I’m definitely not there yet! Especially with traditional media and ESPECIALLY with watercolor. It’s so alive.

7 Likes

yeah paint can be a real deva. LOL

It is very relaxing though and hope to be able to do more some day.

6 Likes

In Minecraft game I have made 2 different Superman, the one on the left was the very first Minecraft art that I have ever made, last year I’ve decided to make another one instead of remodeling the character, you can see how much changes my artwork has been in the last few years making over 100 and more different characters! :grinning:
I even made a Minecraft of myself! LOL!:laughing:

8 Likes

These are Great! :superman:

better to ditch the mesh sometimes and just start a new. Great work!

5 Likes

Thankyou so much @Aquamon, I really appreciate it. :grinning:

5 Likes

I think it’s a wonderful try, but I believe we’re looking for art you’ve actually created (drawn, for example) yourself or cosplay of yourself. You can check out our FanArt Submission Guidelines here!

4 Likes

Thanks. I already read those over but was still confused as to whether it qualified. I’ll remove it.

2 Likes

11 Likes

9 Likes

Welcome to the community! Thanks for joining us in the Fanworks! :wave:

I really like your Superman art! It’s a great action pose and very iconic for him.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community. This came out amazing. I look forward to seeing more of your art in the future.

5 Likes

@Aquamon
These watercolors are amazing. Really like the cape on the top one.

@Lincolnfan78
Awesome™:+1:. Minecraft supes. Very cool seeing the growth side by side.

@Rev_1
Looks Awesome™:+1:. Nice cover.

@NerdyInManyWays
Welcome to the community. This looks amazing. The lighting blurs. All look great.

2 Likes

Wanted to make a Lois and Clark with his secret I’d being a big part of the 85 years. So here’s Lois dragging Clark along on a scoop.

The shading blurred a bit and struggled with Lois mouth but still had fun with it. Like the result. Enjoy and Happy 85th :superman:uper

4 Likes