April's Community Member of the Month: RexRebel!

April kicks off tomorrow, which means it’s time to introduce our newest Community Member of the Month: @RexRebel!

What originally got you into DC Comics?

I was diagnosed with dyslexia when I was around six eventually my parents got me reading Comics and then later Greek and Roman Mythology to improve my reading skills. They started me off with Superman, if my memory is right it was issue 242, and I have been hooked ever since.

Who is your favorite DC character, and why?

It’s a bit cliché, but I would have to say Superman. I mean how can you argue anyone else, the first, amazing powers and an optimist. Though, a main reason is learning to read through reading his adventures introduced me to a world full of books and knowledge that I otherwise may have never found.

What books are you currently reading?

Well, I do read all of the weekly DC Comic releases on DCUI, as well as the Marvel ones on Marvel Unlimited. The current titles, that I have been most interested in are Superman: Space Age, Batman/Superman World’s Finest, Wonder Woman, Justice Society of America, The Human Target and Fables.

Are you watching any DC movies or shows?

Currently Gotham Knights, Season 8 of the Flash, Season 3 of Pennyworth and getting ready to start the Last Season of Supergirl and the Season 2 of Superman & Lois and waiting on Titans latest drop. As to movies just saw Shazam Fury of Gods, don’t understand why it isn’t getting more love, and will be going to The Flash.

What are you most looking forward to within the DC universe?

Well like everyone else, I assume the new proposed media slate from Gunn both TV and Movies, as well as the just started Dawn of the DC event.

What 6-12 books would you recommend to the general DC Community?

Legion of Super Heroes; The Great Darkness Saga being issues 287, 290-294, and Annual 1.
Books of Magic(1990) 1-4
Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters 1-3
Superman Red & Blue 1-6
Batgirl Year One 1-9
Supergirl Being Super 1-4
Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow
Saga of the Swamp Thing 21
Animal Man 5
New Gods(1971) 1-11

Congrats to April’s Community Member of the Month: @RexRebel! :clap:

42 Likes

Hell yes!!!

Congratu-freaking-lations @RexRebel!!! I’ve been wondering when you’d get Community Member of Month! Super well deserved!!!

18 Likes

Congratulations @RexRebel :tada:

20 Likes

Congratulations @RexRebel !!

17 Likes

congrats @RexRebel!

18 Likes

Congratulation @RexRebel! Love all your book picks, glad your parents got you into reading comics, as always it’s great having you here on DC Universe.:grinning:

:dc_history_club:

18 Likes

Great to see the recognition for you @RexRebel and I’m still thankful that you’re here to be on the community actively after the wild events of late summer last year!

You can’t go wrong loving the Legion and Superman comics.

18 Likes

Congratulations! @RexRebel! :partying_face:

party

16 Likes

Congratulations @RexRebel! :tada: You are a bright light in the community and I always love participating in your various tournaments and games - super well deserved. :smile:

17 Likes

Congrats!! :partying_face:

15 Likes

Congratulations :clap::tada::partying_face:, @RexRebel. That’s a wonderful story about how comics helped you to overcome your dsylexia. Your recommendation list is great too :+1:! Supergirl: Being Super is one of my all time favorite Supergirl stories.

Joelle Jones’ artwork is so beautiful in that. Everything is just firing on all cylinders with that story between Mariko Tamaki’s writing and Joelle Jones’ artwork. I guess today is also Supergirl’s birthday :tada::birthday:! I didn’t know this.

I saw the tweet from DC that said “today back in 1959 Supergirl was created”. That’s pretty cool, huh? You become community member of the month right on Supergirl’s birthday :slightly_smiling_face:. Awesome!

And I just did a reread on Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters and it’s still a pretty frightening story. But the writing and artwork are just fantastic! It’s funny that you mentioned reading on DCUI and Marvel Unlimited because I do the same thing. I even have Kindle Unlimited because there’s stuff from the other independent comic companies that I like to read also that I can find on there.

I just love to read comics :sparkling_heart::slightly_smiling_face:! It’s such a beautiful form of storytelling.

16 Likes

Congratulations

16 Likes

Congratulations @RexRebel!

15 Likes

Congratulations, @RexRebel ! Very well deserved! And I love you telling about how comic books helped you with your dyslexia.

16 Likes

Awe:superman:ome™:+1: Congrats @RexRebel :tada:

15 Likes

Thanks @Jurisdiction , hope I can follow in yours and the other recipients footsteps.

12 Likes

Thank you to my favorite mafia descended moderator

12 Likes

You already have!! You’ve deserved this for as long as I’ve known you!

12 Likes

Thanks to my favorite action figure maker @TheTerrificToyman

12 Likes

Thanks @DreamingGirlWonder what do you think of the new Robinmobile they are coming out with.

13 Likes