App vs Website

I have dug around a bit and havent seen this topic posted anywhere.

I was curious to weather people like the app or the website better. I use both, mostly the app on my phone. Are there benefits to using either, is one better than the other?

2 Likes

I usually prefer navigating the site on my laptop, particularly for reading comics, but I don’t have any big issues w/ using the app on my phone. When it comes to watching stuff, though, I always use the Roku app on my TV

2 Likes

I like to read the comics on either my tablet or my apple TV. Reading them on my computer or phone doesn’t feel right. The tablet is about the size of a comic and with how they look on the TV…it’s stunning.

Responding to threads, I’ll usually use my phone but prefer to use my computer.

But watching shows and movies…it’s fine on every option.

1 Like

I use the website when on my computer and the app when on my Firestick. I haven’t figured out how to access my user created Lists on the app though. I have some comics saved there.

2 Likes

I have been toying with the thought of getting a tablet, just for reading the comics. There a bit small on my phone at times.

If you get a table that’s a decent size, comics look amazing on them!

1 Like

Thank you @superby1, I think you helped me make up my mind about getting a tablet to read comics on.

1 Like

That’s very kind of you. Thank you for the kind words. Glad to be of help.

If you do end up getting a tablet, make sure it’s one that has the DC Universe app on it. I know DC Universe is available on the kindle fire and the iPad, but double check just in case. I’d hate for you to spend the money on the tablet only to realize it doesn’t work on it.

I have a refurbished IPad Mini and so far it not only works on it but the comics look amazing. I can take some pictures later if that helps out, so you can see what it’s like

1 Like

I’ve only ever used my phone. I read comics, watch shows, and read & post. I’ve been pretty happy with my experience thus far, though, I have been curious if desktop access would feel different, if not better or worse.

1 Like

@Roger.1031 here are some pics on how it looks on the tablet

Menu

Cover

Normal page

Guided view aka panel-by-panel

I just like this page

Now, they’ll look nicer in person. Taking a photo of a tablet screen isn’t gonna come out super crisp, so these photos don’t do it justice but this is a basic look at how comics read on a tablet.

3 Likes

I don’t know if I’ll pull the trigger on a tablet but a 10" one would be perfect for reading. I just…wouldn’t use it for anything else so I feel it’d be wasted lol

2 Likes

I hardly use my tablet for anything else…which is why I’m glad I got a refurbished one, but yea @Bukdiah, that’s an excellent point! Make sure you don’t spend too much if it’s only gonna be used for reading comics.

1 Like

I didn’t even consider a refurbished or open boxed one. HMM…googles furiously

3 Likes

@superby1
Yes that looks pretty awesoume on the tablet. Thank you for sharing multiple pictures to show the difference. Your very helpful, i will consider one for just the reading of online comics.

1 Like

I mainly use the app on my phone and iPad! I like browsing the community on my phone and reading comics on the tablet. I usually stream shows/movies on the Firestick, but watching on my iPad when I don’t feel like laying in bed is also great! I can’t say I use the website since my laptop just feels too clunky to lug around, haha. :sweat_smile:

I have to agree with @superby1 too! The comics on a tablet really are crisp, and it’s so much better reading them on a screen bigger than a phone!

1 Like

Thank you for info, I’m really liking the idea of a screen bigger than my phone to read the digital comics and maybe to rewatch Harley season 1 & 2.

1 Like

I use a Dragon Touch tablet. It is 10" and comics look great on it. The huge upside is that is was $100 brand new. I also use it to watch movies and tv shows via various streaming services. I have taken a picture of the trade I am currently reading with a random page of a comic on DCU to show the size difference.

To read digital comics I use my tablet. To watch videos on DCU I use my Roku and to use the community I use my lap top.

2 Likes