:00_dc_pride::characters_of_dc: Apollo and Midnighter/ June 2021 :00_dc_pride::characters_of_dc:

No, no! This is where we talk about Doomed, aka the DC You book everybody just loved. :grin:

is reminded of the episode of Married with Children where mall employees swapped stuff at each other’s stores

Welp, I need a new bag of golf clubs. Better get to Gary’s Shoes…

doesn’t really play real golf, but heartily enjoys miniature golf

3 Likes

Over/under on how many months I can drive this gag into the ground?

3 Likes

One of my lucky numbers is 4, so…how about 4?

3 Likes

Wow, based on the comments, I had no clue about this comic. I think one day I saw the cover in the 90’s and thought, “Is this a Batman gone Gay?” Any suggestions on a good read? I am very ignorant on the popularity of the Pride Hero/Villain roster, including who most of them are. Was impressed with CW’s portrayal’s of Mr. Terrific and Captain Cold/the Ray on Planet X.

2 Likes

Well folks here is the first set of questions to kick this month off here at the @CharactersOfDC. These cover the listed issues of The Authority but feel free to continue talking about anything Apollo & Midnighter related.

1. What did you think of “Brave New World”?

2. What was your favorite Apollo and Midnighter moment in this story?

5 Likes

It’s as full of excess and unpleasantness as I could possibly want from Mark Millar. And to think: I could’ve wasted my time on a comic that wasn’t full of offensive slurs. :stuck_out_tongue:

(How did Millar get mainstream work, again?)

3 Likes

That is the problem with those Authority issues isn’t it? On the other hand I think we have an example right here of showing just how far we’ve come from the days when these sorts of slurs happened on the regular. Some of the ones used in these issues were the exact same ones that friends of mine heard constantly at school. :rage:

I’m not saying things like this (and worse) don’t still happen because that would be naive to think but I do know my friends that are gay, lesbian, bi or gender fluid are able to live their lives without issue as they should.

3 Likes

And here is the question for Week 2: Storm watch @CharactersOfDC.

1. What did you think of the first N52 meeting between Apollo & Midnighter?
3 Likes

Here is Week Three’s question @CharactersOfDC.

Midnighter certainly has some wild adventures in Orlando’s 2015 series, which I highly recommend. Here we have him facing off against the Suicide Squad at the behest of Spyral’s Matron.Then he takes on the Unified. What did you think of the fights here and what about his interactions with Apollo in these issues?

Also if you have not done so I would highly recommend looking at Midnighter’s adventures with Spyral in Grayson.

6 Likes

And our final batch of questions for June covering the Midnighter and Apollo miniseries.

This series is the followup to the previous week’s Midnighter series. Seems Midnighter will go to any lengths, even march into Hell itself and fight Neron, to save the soul of his lover Apollo. Now that’s true devotion.

1. What did you think of Midnighter’s rescue of Apollo from Hell?

2. How about their interactions with Neron?

3. How did you like their interactions with each other here?

I hope everyone @CharactersOfDC has enjoyed this exploration of Midnighter and Apollo. Stay tuned next month as C of DC is taken over by the Crime Syndicate of America in our Second Annual Villains Month.

4 Likes

Hi everybody! I just finished all 29 issues of the first series of the Authority. I love the dark and gritty elements in the story and the unique characters. Apollo and Midnighter is the hottest gay couple in DC Comics hands down! I found their wedding at the end of the series groundbreaking and sweet!

I would like to see an adult animated TV series based on Stormwatch/The Authority be produced in the near future. I look forward to reading the sequel series!

6 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed The Authority. It’s one of my favorites too and I agree they definitely should make a series based on it and/or Storm watch.

3 Likes

Was just looking for a place to put this awesome picture I passed while reading. This will work Apollo’s in there.

4 Likes

Cool pic @capo-mage.

2 Likes

Ty buddy!!! I appreciate it :green_heart::white_heart::heart::it: