Anyone think that Rotten Tomatoes are biased against DC films

Aquaman is a fine movie but currently stands at 64% on Rotten Tomatoes.

6 Likes

i think so to me i feel that most movie directors have to suck up to these movie reviews like i think the only 2 highest rated DC flims are superman 1978 and wonder woman and to me i really dont care for these movie reviews because im spending my own money until they buy my movie tickets for the rest of my life than ill believe them but to me their just full of lies plus aquaman was a fantastic movie yea it had its meh parts but thats with every superhero movie dont care if its dc or marvel they all have it but its fine because not everything can have action it has a story to build off of

3 Likes

No not really

1 Like

They’re so use to MCU formula. I’ll be honest, I’m not an MCU die hard fan but I like most of their films but some are wayyyyy over-hyped. And before the US release Aquaman was a 74. Of course MCU die-hard fans are going to knock every DCEU movie because they have nothing else to do. RT gave Star Wars The Last Jedi a very high score, that movie was a hot cringey mess. Definitely a flawed system, but it’s funny how others rely on RT to form their opinion, which is sad. I stopped caring what “critics” say because they try to stay relevant with other people, just like those click-bait titles of websites you never heard of. Many of the rotten reviews are not even in depth and always compare to a MCU movie. I stopped looking at RT scores, best choice i have made in a while.

4 Likes

And to add to my previous comment, critics aren’t always fans.

4 Likes

Wonder Woman and Dark Knight were almost universally loved, so nah.

3 Likes

64% is a good score for rotten tom. Second I liked the movie. I’ll prob buy it and would see it again, but I’m bias towards DC but if my 9-5 Was movie rating I’d give it a solid 45% aka 4.5 out of 10

1 Like

Critics are bought, People can’t.

1 Like

I don’t see it. I think the critics rating for MoS is way too high (it should be perhaps a couple points higher than BvS), and BvS would be about right, except that they forgot the - in front of the number. JL is probably about right as well, as is WW. In my opinion, JL was ok, WW was amazing, and MoS and BvS were both abominations that should never have been made, and should be flashpointed out of existence (and if it takes JL with it, I could live with that).

1 Like

Not really. While I did enjoy the movie I will admit that it had problems

1 Like

This goes back as far as whenever Marvel Entertainment started licensing their IP’s (©1997). It only got worse when someone figured out that the average Joe could buy into an agregate site for movie reviews as being a guide as to what film would be worth going to see or not. This not only allowed for paid (or sponsored) critics to show thier bias but also to collude and discriminate as a block against certain films. This doesn’t exclude the fact that sensational or outlandish comments or reviews can serve as clickbait and drive traffic to a critic or thier sponsor’s website with the opportunity to market to users. This is disingenuous and deceptive, and needs to stop. I think it is time for the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to step in to regulate these aggregate sites. In spite of the First Amendment, The FTC can regulate speech if it is deceptive and it is begining to look like that is the case here. Federal regulations can ensure that these sites are making sure that both the users and the critics are being sincere in their criticisms and not doing so in an attempt to shape or skew the marketplace.

1 Like

Are movie reviews really to the point now where we’re talking conspiracies and regulation?

Critics are biased against comic book movies in general except family friendly animated films. Yeah they give Marvel big enough scores but read their reviews both positives and negatives they are ignorant trolls.

Read some of the headlines of positive Aquaman reviews and they’re mocking it while praising as a positive review.

CBM are seen as popcorn blockbusters and can’t ever actually be taken seriously enough except maybe Dark Knight and Logan

3 Likes

@Chad22, yes, and it has been for along time now.

1 Like

Yes they do

I dont rate movies with RT. I usually enjoy them regardless of that system. It’s just pointless. A lot of up their butt people who dont know.

1 Like

@jimbo45oc, there are a lot of people who decide their moviegoing experience based on a RottenTomatoes score. That is why certain movie ticket purchasing apps show the score next to the film.

2 Likes

The critics are absolutely bias towards DC films weather they know it or not

1 Like

It seems that way at times. According to RT BvS is worse than the first and third Transformers films. I’d rather have a root canal than watch those movies. BvS is nowhere near that bad.

4 Likes

I feel that all critics are unfair to the DCEU.

3 Likes