Anyone really hate Tim Drake's "Red Robin" suit in Rebirth?

I mean c’mon, it’s just a Robin suit with 2 R’s! How lazy can you get?!

2 Likes

Eh, I don’t mind it. Not everything has to be brand new or so different just because

I really like it!
I didn’t care for his space ghost mask thing

Yes, him still basically wearing a Robin costume like 10 years after Damian took the role is dumb. But in a meta sense it’s almost fitting given the writers still don’t know what to do with a post-Robin Tim Drake.

They could put him in his pre new 52 red Robin suit or put him in his new 52 suit that let him fly

2 Likes

I’ve honestly always thought the two “Rs” logo was stupid as all get out and I’ve also always felt there is just not enough red in the costume either. This just looks like some raided Tim’s old locker in the Bat Cave and slapped two “Rs” and called it a day. That’s just my personal feeling on it but if other people like it who am I to tell them their opinion is wrong?

2 Likes

Not only that, but why call him Red Robin when his suit was mostly green? Why? Why. WHY.

Were it me, I would put him in a more streamlined version of his New 52 suit. The wings are cool,

1 Like

I know that Damian is the main Robin, but in general they shafted Tim. They could not get rid of him I feel as if they need a new role for him. Even as a different bird. Tim will always be my Robin I wish they do something cool with him.

3 Likes

I love the suit. I’d love to see him back to his classic Red Robin suit, but as long as it’s not the horrible New 52 suit, I’m fine.

I think his post-Rebirth suit was designed to intentionally evoke his original Robin suit. If he “looks like” he did back then, maybe they’ll convince people he is like he was back then. A visual diversion to try masking narrative shortcomings, including, but not limited to, washing away the New52 version not everyone cared for.

1 Like

I might be the minority on this, but I love the RR pre Flashpoint (or New 52 whichever you wanna say) But I do like the wings in new 52. And I know they don’t really remember too much pre flashpoint right now so that’s probably why he doesn’t have a real RR costume because he doesn’t remember it. But now that Spoiler for anyone not caught up to current comics is back, He’ll want to reunite with Tim, maybe that can help Tim remember.

2 Likes

I really like his suit too, it’s just the design looks real cool

I wish they’d bring back his suit from the Red Robin Series pre-flashpoint. It was really cool and fit his personality.

2 Likes

Also not really a fan

I agree. 90s Robin costume with a terrable logo does not work. I think they should have gone with his pre-flashpoint costume, that suit hammered home that he wasn’t a kid sidekick anymore. If they were going to go with any Robin costume they should have went with his post infinite crisis red and black suit.

I will say that his current suit in the pages of Young Justice is not only a far better look, but it is also pretty much the ultimate Robin design. Any of the Robins could wear this in an animated or live-action adaptation and it would work perfectly.

Not as much as I disliked his New 52 costume.

3 Likes