Anyone interested in a Fan Art Club?

Last-minute query, given the applications for new clubs are due by tonight, but would anyone be interested in a fan art club? And if so, what would you like out of it?

All skill levels would be welcome (and activities could be designed to keep that in mind).

Few ideas off the top of my head:

• Weekly Challenge (prompts that work for doodles, sketches, lighter stuff)
  • A monthly challenge (a complex prompt, for the more daring)
  • Tips/tutorial share
  • Community collabs between groups (e.g. Pairing up with fanfic writers to sketch a character/scene from one of their stories)
  • Artist live streams and/or Q&A
  • A monthly critique day (not mandatory! But if anyone has a work in progress they’d like help with, this would be their chance to post and ask for tips/suggestions/etc)
6 Likes

I would absolutely love a fan art club! This is such a wonderful idea and I love the ideas you’ve come up with for it.

4 Likes

I’d be in! I feel like the artists on here are already sort of an unofficial network, so it would be cool to have regular events!

6 Likes

Absolutely, I need to work on my drawing skills. Although, I’m a pretty decent pixel artist, if that would count.

4 Likes

@AnonymousBB Absolutely counts! I think part of the group’s goal could be to come up with different kinds of art. We see a lot of traditional and digital painting/sketching around the community, but there are so many kinds we can create challenges for (pixel art, typography/logo design, figure painting/sculpting, etc).

3 Likes

This is a cool idea, and I really hope it happens!

3 Likes

Well, submitted. Guess we’ll see how it goes. :slight_smile: Worse comes to worse, we can keep putting together our random art challenges and threads until the next round of club submissions opens up.

4 Likes

(I also may have put in a good word in the secret club leaders’ board. I don’t even know if I’m allowed to do that, but I’m excited about this idea.)

4 Likes

That won’t be so bad, you and biff were like my welcoming committee in those threads. (Mainly inktober)

2 Likes

Oo I feel like our little group has friends in high places. Thanks!

4 Likes

I started talking to a lot of people for the first time in that thread, too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll be a supporter & will get my joy out of just seeing it. I love looking at art even tho I’m clueless. Especially DC themed art. I love all you guys/girls’ creations. Extremely talented people on this site.

2 Likes

@capo-mage We’d love to have ya! It’d be fun to have community members contribute to ideas for prompts and such :slight_smile:

Off topic - does anyone else have issues with replies? Half the time mine don’t work, so I wind up going back to edit using an “@.” Happens to me on my phone and chrome book.

2 Likes

Im there.

2 Likes

Sounds cool.

3 Likes

I don’t have a problem with that I can’t access or give links but @Applejack is already helping with that & the tech team. I just spoke with Applejack & their working on a ton of fixes. I use an iPad & an Appletv just FYI & I know a lot of the issues their fixing involve iOS devices.

1 Like

@capo-mage Ahh. That might be part of the issue with me. I’m on an iPhone SE, and it also happens with my iPad. The Chromebook is odd - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I’ll check in with the tech team, though. Thanks!

2 Likes

U bet. I found info on all the fixes their working out under watchtower DCU multiverse release notes 2020. Just in case u wanted to read what devices & fixes their working on?

2 Likes

l’M IN

tenor (2)

3 Likes

giphy

@biff_pow always happy to have ya, buddy!

2 Likes