Anyone else read some of the DC Young Animal line?

What was your favorite? You think there’s any chance of it coming back? Or at least the characters? I really enjoyed Mother Panic and was reading the trade for Doom Patrol.

1 Like

I was loving Doom Patrol, even before Doom Patrol became my favorite thing in the world. Hopefully the buzz and accolades for the show will resurrect it.

3 Likes

Agreed i would have liked to have kept picking up the trade version

1 Like

Yep, I have been working through DOOM PATROL. So far, pretty decent. But, man, I do love that cover art.

1 Like

The only Young Animal title I’ve read in full is “Bug! The Adventures of Forager”. For as much as I love Fourth World characters, I really did not like this series.

I can’t put my finger on why I didn’t like it exactly as no one thing stood out. It was just a collection of things: story, art (I usually love Mike Allred) and the general feel of the series. It just wasn’t interesting at all. I sold the trade within maybe a month of buying it.

1 Like

@vroom oh dang :pensive: i always remember seeing advertisements for it but never actually got a chance to check it out myself

Shade: The Changing Girl felt like something really special. While I may revisit Doom Patrol at some point now that I have some familiarity with some of the characters, it and the other titles mostly felt weird for the sake of weird, style over substance, etc. I can’t quite put my finger on what made Shade special, but it really reminded me of some of the old Vertigo books that I’ve read over the years, and I think if I was a little younger it might have really blown my mind.

Also, it’s one of the few books my wife got excited about.

3 Likes

I loved doom patrol and have been wanting to read the others

1 Like

I loved the Young Animals line!

Of course my favorite is Doom Patrol, but a close second would have to be Cave Carson, such a fun book!

1 Like

I loved the Young Animal line! That line and Flash Rebirth were pretty much the only things I was pulling at my local shop before I stopped going there. Need to start buying the trades to catch back up.

1 Like

did anyone read the milk wars crossover? i thought that was a fun little crossover they did. I definitely hope they revive the line at some point in the future.