anyone else like IZombie or Preacher?

I love em both, haven’t looked everywhere but haven’t seen them mentioned on here anywhere yet. Any other fans of either or both?

4 Likes

I like both. I watched iZombie consistently the first two seasons and then put it on the back burner after that. I like the few episodes of Preacher I’ve seen.

2 Likes

I love iZombie. I only saw the first episode of Preacher. It was good, I just didn’t keep up with it, but hopefully it comes to DC Universe.

1 Like

You should get back with Preacher it’s wild, Seth Rogen isn’t afraid to go there pushing limits for what should be allowed on tv. I have 0 problems with what they put on tv I’d vote for the right to broadcast anything. But I guess there’s always someone ready to take up the cause. I remember watching the 1st episode of married with children and a lady from Detroit started an outcry and almost got it canceled. We’ve come a long way.

1 Like

Regarding Married With Children, I found it amusing that in one episode they managed to zing the person that made an overblown stink about the show.

Anyway…back to the main topic now…

2 Likes

Sorry but u forced me back to the bundys, the writers on that show were awesome. They both took 0 sh** from any outside opinions. I watched a doc on them it was so good.

The person that made a big to do about the show struck me as very full of themselves. An overprivelged snot that thinks they can get whatever they want whenever they want and beans to anyone else and their desires or thoughts.

Anyway…back to the topic.

2 Likes

Man ok, but now u got me hooked in that discussion it was a housewife from Detroit who said I don’t want my kids watching this and the producers said then don’t let them watch. But ok, IZombie was way better then I’d expected too. After walking dead and a million other similar shows I was not ready for another one, but they put a nice twist on it plus Rose Mciver and Aly Michalka make it easy to watch. It stands up as a great show tho. I’ve watched em both since they started and Preacher is perfectly out there, great characters and nonstop action.

Sorry got excited and tabbed down oops

I’d thought for a long time that zombies were played out and getting redundant and boring. Then iZombie came along and I was pleasantly surprised. I’d heard of the comic when it came out but I generally don’t read alot of Vertigo material and when I do, it’s typically in trade. I picked up the first trade and coupled with the show had a good time with the property.

I’d follow the Vertigo shows more but there are so many DC shows on (which is great, I love that), that I just couldn’t follow all of them anymore and iZombie was one of those shows that went from a constant watch to a “I’ll watch it when the mood strikes”.

Did the final season air yet?

No it hasn’t. Also you’re right, its not like other comic shows where if u miss one episode or watch out of order your confused. Which I don’t mind, I watch all Dc shows, but to cement your point yes it is a show u can just wait and binge on, u nailed it on the head. Preacher is exactly the same.

Loooove Preacher.

I enjoyed iZombie for a season or so, but I am ready to let it go now. I can’t put my finger on it, but I don’t enjoy it as much anymore.

1 Like

Coville

Preacher is insane isn’t it? I get u with IZombie it’s kind of circling but I think I’m stuck with cuz I have a schoolboys crush on Michalka and McIver.

1 Like

Was actually thinking about checking out both of those shows not long ago but it slipped my mind, so wanted to thank you for mentioning them, @djd187.81432. :slight_smile: Good to see they’re so good, in each of their own ways, as well. Sounds like I have a lot to look forward to!

2 Likes

MissInkBlot

I’m not sure but I still can pretty much guarantee you will love both. They have it all, outlandish characters, humor, action and Preacher will blow your mind with the places they go and characters they have.

1 Like

If is DC I like it

2 Likes

Heard that agree 100%%

@djd187.81432, that sounds right up my alley, then (such a fan of trippy, out there shows lol). Thank you for helping my watchlist get some much-needed attention :slight_smile:

1 Like

MissInkBlot

Preacher is probably the trippiest comic show ever. The characters are so well cast. If u do watch it, you’ll probably think that I understated how trippy it really is and I’m calling it the trippiest I’ve ever seen. Talking Hitler in hell with a gag-ball in mouth and that’s a mild example.

1 Like

Preacher is really good if you’re into this absurd gore and humor from Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, which I thought was good. Season 1 was a little slow, but it paid off in the end in a weird way. Season 2 was amazing. Season 3, I won’t lie, I fell off of it, but I have every intention of finishing it at some point because I did enjoy Preacher for it’s strange style.

iZombie is on an entirety opposite side of the spectrum. It’s got clever writing, it’s self aware, and has really strong characters. It’s borderline soap-ish with, like, one or two arcs, but it’s so good because of the goofy shit that happens in this show too. It’s essentially “protagonist takes on a new persona everyday” but IT NEVER GETS OLD. also, ZOMBIES, but not Walking Dead stuff, it’s a LOT BETTER. In terms of pacing, the show really manages to up it’s ante every season, and it’s so good.

If you like more bold programs with uber violence and humor, that’s Preacher. If you like grounded (in terms of tone) television with a more procedural style, iZombie is that.

1 Like