Anyone else excited for the new Martian Manhunter series?

I feel like this is great for those who are already fans and those wanting to become fans of the character.

4 Likes

I’m not excited right now but I’ll get the first issue and go from there.

3 Likes

It looks scary

I’m skeptical. Love the character but Steve Orlando has been a mixed bag as a writer.
However, he did say this was his favorite character so hopefully this’ll be motivation to give it his all for this story.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about the “dirty cop” retcon, but I’m willing to give it a try.

I’m hoping for a zook resurgence.

Kind of hard to be after his last series, but we’ll see

From the little bit I saw on DC daily it looked very promising.

I ordered this book but in a fit of holiday frugality I opted the monthly shipping option on my pre-order for this month so I won’t see a copy until January. ;-/

Got it yesterday but haven’t read it, or any new books from yesterday yet. I highly enjoyed his last ongoing, so I’m looking forward to settling in for a year’s worth of new J’onn adventures in this mini.

Read it. This isn’t a spoiler thread, so I won’t put spoilers but I will say, I have now seen things that I never saw before and I will not forget it. I’m intrigued by the story.

2 Likes

Now you’ve got me intrigued. Do I read it or Adv of the SS #5 next? Decisions…

4 Likes

I thought it was ok. Intrigued to see where the story goes.

I just picked it up yesterday. It’ll be interesting. Martian Manhunter needs more attention!

1 Like

I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to how the story progresses.

1 Like

I just read the first issue. I’m not sure I care for the idea that J’onn was a dirty cop on Mars before he came to Earth but I’m reserving judgemeng on the series until its a bit further along.

2 Likes

Nope. The artwork is terrible and the story is more deconstructionist garbage. Compare this sorry vehicle to the wildly imaginative and entertaining Hawkman relaunch and see how it’s done right.

1 Like

In all honesty, I’m not looking forward to it. Looking back at what DC has done with the Teen Titans when they aired Titans, or the entirety of the CW shows, not including Constantine, and even the Cinematic Universe, with B vs S, Wonder Woman, and Justice League, I am more than disappointed. Martian Manhunter is my favorite character (even when compared to Marvel). And just the thought of him being ruined in the screen, like Supergirl, The Arrow, and The Flash, makes me really sad.

2 Likes

With all that said, however, I am more than willing to give it a shot. The way I see it is: expect the worst, but hope for the best. That way I can’t be disappointed if it’s bad, but will be ecstatic if it’s good. I’ve always focused on how great he is on Earth, but never thought about how he was in Mars. If they’re goal is to bring a more relatable J’onn, and it’s done well, then I’ll support it with everything I have. But by the same token, if it’s bad… Well, let’s just say I’ll have some pretty strong words about it.

2 Likes