Anyone Else Concerned About DC Universe’s Future?

I’m tired of people who are tired of negative comments. People spent money on this service, they have the right to voice their displeasure. If you choose to be positive and never question WB, more power to you. So show the people who are upset the same respect.

3 Likes

I just paid over 70 dollars for a year and you hate the negative comments? Lmao do you want me to be happy they an app I just paid for is now being considered for shutdown? Tf outta here with that bull

1 Like

@mceddard.91225 Right? When did it become such a taboo to be unhappy? Are we seriously supposed to be all sunshine and rainbows at the double bad news today?

3 Likes

I feel bad about cast and crew . They probably thought the shooting was cut short for ratings and reviews to come in but probably found out today too and are like craps time to update my Resume. I wish ATT/WB would have had a plan B location or just not have just such juvenile all or nothing attitude. It is like Constantine tv show all over again. I here Georgia needs the business.

2 Likes

It’s sad that Swamp Thing got cancel, I’m not worried about the future, who knows what DC is planning for 2020, Titans Season 2 and Stargirl will be coming around that time. Who knows what new shows will they be planning. Quoting Woody from Toy Story, “No one is going to be replace” even with WB and Disney +, I think DC Universe will be fine on it’s own. Please don’t j uh mp to conclusions by canceling your subscription.

1 Like

I am concerned about DCU’s future. It’s not only because of Swamp Thing’s cancelation but also, why haven’t they announced S2 of Doom Patrol?! I know it’s only been what two weeks since the Season finale. Just feel that with all the critical/fan acclaim, there would be an announcement by now. If Doom Patrol was on any other streaming service, there would be a S2 news release already. Sorry, trying not to be negative here. I really hope DCU stays around for a long time. Long live DC Universe!!!

1 Like

Im not concerned until they tell us otherwise.

Iron Reagan up there is right about one thing. Don’t cancel your subscription over this. Quick way to make sure we lose it.

3 Likes

Warner bros. Is seriously slacking with the competition in my book. Yes we have many shows on the streaming services like Titans, Young Justice and Doom Patrol. But why cancel Swamp Thing right away? I read an article saying the producers didn’t like the direction of it. But how? shouldn’t it be our decision as fans? That’s how they get their ratings by us. I think they should let Swamp Thing rim it’s course and let us decide. I know many of us was waiting on this show.

I am not concerned at all

Agreed and it just sucks , it blows that politics interferes with our shows smh…

1 Like

This seems like the same stuff that came out when they cut Swamp Thing from 13 to 10 episodes, and they said then it was a production issue so not shocked there is no plan for a season 2. Sounds like people dug out the article from before and are going nuts now because Swamp Thing is getting talked about so much.

I think people are jumping the gun. And I also don’t get why peopel would cancel now even if they thought that was true. You are getting it now what is the point in bailing when you don’t know?

It really feels like a lot of people (not so much saying on the forums but just the public in general) has been rooting for DCU to fail since week 1 and will find anything to scream the sky is falling.

3 Likes

@Dantheman I agree it seems like alot of people want DC to fail no mattrr what it is and it’s really disgusting…

DO want to state I understand if they got DCU for Swamp Thing why that would be disheartening, but you still got one season. I don’t think hitting the panic button at the first sign of trouble is the best response. It just doesn’t seem like this is much that wasn’t said before. I am not sure they didn’t just dig out the article from a month ago and re-word it. It sounds awful familiar.

(Copy/pasting to save my delicate fingies.)

You can find our official response in Watchtower here:

For any further questions or comments, please make them in the official response topic, to provide a single source of truth for community members. Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the comments! The post wasn’t meant to be a total freak out, i was more just hoping we could discuss the future of the service, which I happen to be concerned about. I side with several of the comments saying that they will move the shows over to the WB streaming service, and I’m hoping they keep the community and comics part of the service together in the long run. I feel that the DCU really grew some legs once it brought the digital library over, and it’d be a shame to lose that down the road.

5 Likes

I’m wondering the fate of shows they’ve already announced if they aren’t finished will they be or are they gone too?

I hear you I am worried about the announcement today about swamp thing not getting picked up for more than one season

1 Like

Come on folks, chin up and let’s have fun with what we got instead of wondering… also there has been like a thousand posts for this very topic, please use the search or look at the forums before posting.

2 Likes

I think they are doomed… they way they are handling Swamp thing shows the executives have clear symptoms of head up butt syndrome.

4 Likes