Any recommendations that take place in Gotham?!?

I need some good reads! Gotham city setting/characters

1 Like

Gotham Central! A terrific series that really explores what it’s like to live in Gotham.

7 Likes

Gonna have to second Gotham Central. Fantastic stories, fantastic characters. One of my all-time favorites. Another good book is Mother Panic, which is such a hidden gem. Shadow of the Bat’s a good read as well, but the two above are the cream of the crop.

2 Likes

If you’ve a taste for the GCPD vs. the supernatural, Gotham by Midnight was pretty interesting.

2 Likes

@Vroom
Oh man! I forgot about GbM. That book was great. Also works as a spiritual successor to Gotham Central.

1 Like

I’d also recommend the “Gates of Gotham” miniseries if you’re interested in the city’s history.

1 Like

Mother panic is really cool Gotham central is great

2 Likes

The New 52 volume of All-Star Western has its share of Gotham City based stories as well.

1 Like

Batman

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of the Stephanie Brown Batgirl (2009) era, which took place mostly in Gotham.

2 Likes

Arrived here to shill Gotham Central, only to see others have done my job for me! I would also recommend gotham academy for something a bit more lighthearted and fun.

1 Like

Gothamazon. During one of the periods where Batman’s dead (again), Oracle calls in a special guest to fill his boots in Gotham.

I haven’t seen it listed in the last search I did. Simon Dark is a horror style comic which I believe was also set in Gotham.

@a2.ton Simon Dark isn’t available digitally. I believe Steve Niles owns the rights to it, so maybe it’s outside DC’s purview by now? Regardless, that was an interesting series.

Niles’ Batman: Gotham County Line mini was interesting too.