Any Powers

Moving stuff with your mind is basically flight plus moving stuff with your mind no, because you can move yourself through the air with your mind.

3 Likes

Or maybe I’d choose the ability to make anything I imagine a reality. I could imagine but I could fly and I would be able to fly. Or I’d imagine that Alita Battle Angel was mine.

3 Likes

Hydrokinesis (i never spell that right)

Seriously! Mera is badass! She can defeat you in the middle of the Sahara Desert just as fast ad Atlantis! She can make a big showy Tidal wave to scare someone off, or just male someone quietly pass out by manipulating the blood in their brain!

Needless to say, Im a fan lol

3 Likes

If I could move things with my mind I could move water however I wanted it to. And I could use my mind to move blood inside of someone’s body.

1 Like

Super Speed, Telepathy, or Magic

2 Likes

Sounds like a lot of folks want one power that’s really every power. Interesting. What would it be like to be akin to Dr. Manhattan? To perceive all? To be able to manipulate all in an instant? I guess the answer to that is why we read comics lol!

Personally, I have to go with Kevin Smith’s answer to this question. It’s surprisingly astute. If I could have any super power, it would be… patience.

I’d want to have telepathy. I could make people do what I want (not in a creep, more like making criminals turn themselves in), I would always have the upper hand in a fight, and I could know know what people think of me and don’t have to waste my time on people who don’t like me.

3 Likes

@Klone-13, the power(s) I posted about would be very much similar to Dr. Manhattan. The differences mainly being how I would use my abilities and potentials, and that I would not be a naked blue man. :wink:

The way I see it, being connected to the universe at the quantum level, and being able to manipulate the universe from that fundamental level, you could use that power in a vast number of ways, only limited by your imagination, preferences, and whatever laws govern the quantum level universe. Since not all of the laws of the quantum universe are know, this leave much to the imagination about the potential uses. You would just keep trying different things to see what works, and what does not.

A fun ability to think about. It does more or less cover just about any super power you could think of, if you could tap into and control the quantum universe, at least in your local area.

MACJR

1 Like

Quite interesting @MACJR. Of course with the ability to manipulate and experience infinite quantum phenomenon, completely absorbed in experiencing each one of them as it happens, you would eventually get to the one you’re experiencing at this very instant. Trippy right? You’re already doing it. Even the effort to not do it, is doing it. Keanu voice “Whoa.”

@Klone-13, and then continue on to experience many, many other options, and see paths not taken in every direction, conceived, or not even thought possible.

The quantum universe does not just exist all around us, it exists within us. If only one could tap into that, and will it to their own whim, who know just what all could be possible.

Of course, even if one had suddenly discovered that they could connect to the quantum universe at a deep level, there is a big chance it would be so overwhelming that your conciseness would be absorbed and then dissipate within the vastness of the quantum field, leaving your body in a permanent coma state. Or you could just wake up with a really, really bad headache and a severe case of vertigo. :wink:

With live, there are chances to be taken, and not all paths taken lead to a positive outcome. Which is why I would like quantum level powers, and the ability to handle them.

MACJR

1 Like

@MACJR I see what you’re saying, I guess I just have a hard time seeing how that isn’t a power that everyone doesn’t already possess/is using. Like, how could you be the quantum universe as an extra-ordinary feat, manifesting a thing that actually believes it isn’t the entirety of the quantum universe, in a singular relative position, when one wasn’t already the universe doing that? It’s doing that in every particle in existence. In every neuron, in every brain, in every comic panel, on every child’s smiling face, on every alien world. We’re all doing it!

@Klone-13, think more like this. We all exist within the quantum universe, and we are part of the quantum universe. We are also human beings made up of billions and billions of cells (over 37 trillion or so), but we do not have control over every single cell in our body, just as not every single cell in our body has control over what and how we think.

What if you had control over ever single cell in your body. That would actually be an incredible power all by itself. Now imagine that you had control over every molecule, every atom, and every electron, and could influence how reality all around you works by controlling all of that, with you mind. You would feel the quantum universe, know the quantum universe, and have at least some control over the quantum universe, with an ability far surpassing the abilities of a normal person to control their own mind and body.

This is not just being a part of the quantum universe, and being aware of the quantum universe beyond an intellectual understanding through education, this is feeling, knowing, and being able to influence and change outcomes, re-form and alter reality, in pretty much any way possible.

It is not seeing the quantum universe through imagination and education, it is using the quantum universe with your will power and awareness of how to do this. Not just by reaching out your arm and picking up that coffee cup, but by willing it to move to where you want to be, or willing it to move to where you want it to be.

If I would not watching The Flash, right now, I would try to explain this more, but maybe you get what I am talking about now?

MACJR

Uhhh, ok, if I could move stuff with my mind I’d move it to where I wanted it to be.

1 Like

Time manipulation

I could make a day off seem like a year and being able to bounce through time would be an interesting life

1 Like

@MACJR I see what you’re saying, it’s beautiful. Maybe I’m just not able to understand, that could definitely be true, that just seems to be what the universe, in terms of individual experiential reality, is to me. It’s like the shapeshifter in Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency. Does that make sense? In your example of reaching out to the cup, you’d become the cup. Kinda like being reincarnated as the cup. You wouldn’t remember your past existence, your current state of that of a cup would be one incapable of the phenomenon of experience (without some serious nanotechnology upgrades) so you’d be perfectly content as a cup. You wouldn’t regret the time you weren’t a cup, you wouldn’t long for the time you won’t be a cup, you’d be a cup until exactly the time you aren’t. Just as every quanta of existence is. Ego’s are funny to think they can control that process, but that is the whole zest and beauty of experiencing oneself. So more power to you!!! :smiley:

I’ll stick with patience. Or flight! :wink:

1 Like

@Klone-13, no, not becoming the cup, but extending yourself out to the cup, although you could choose to make the cup a part of yourself, or just move it, or change it, or any number of other things. To move the cup you do not have to be the cup. To change the cup, you do have to understand it on a deep level, but you are still not the cup. To make the cup a part of yourself, you are still not the cup, but now it is part of yourself. To become the cup, well, that might not be such a good idea. :wink:

If you had the power of flight, just by thinking about flying, then you are doing the very thing I am describing, but on a much smaller scale.

Patience is always a good thing to work on though. I would not call it a super-ability, but a worthy life endeavor. Sometimes I could use more of it myself.

MACJR

1 Like

Probably flight. Be unreal to fly anywhere I wanted above everyone.

2 Likes