any mustt read new 52 stuff?

I’m going to read darkseid war tomorrow before I jump into rebirth so I will put this thread up before bed. Any other new 52 stuff worth it? Or is it all junk and I should read the war arc and mice on to rebirth as planned? Taking suggestions. Goodnight everybody

Manapul’s run on Flash
All-Star Western
Batman Zero Year
Morrison’s run on Action Comics

1 Like

I’m planning on diving into GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS. Missed it on the racks. LANTERN stuff has a phantasmagoric looseness to it.

Forever Evil and The Darkseid War are two stories that we’re still seeing the reverberations of today.

New 52 Animal Man is terrific. Highly recommended.

3 Likes

In addition to the ones mentioned Frankenstein Agents of Shade is a really fun book. It’s not essential by any means to the overall universe storyline or continuity. That can either be a good or bad thing depending on what you are looking for.

All Star Western and the Animal Man series were the two standouts to me.

1 Like

I would go with Gotham Academy, Grayson, Dail H for Hero, Batgirl, Batman Inc., Batman, Omega Men, Aquaman, Justice Society or Earth 2… I forget what it was specifically called. Those are the ones off the top of my head not mentioned so far. I also like the Green Arrow that was similar to the TV Show… Green Lantern is good, but that is essentially the ENTIRE Geoff Johns run so I would start pre-Nu 52. There was honestly a good amount of fun reads… there was just a lot of random stuff. And I am a kid of the 90’s so I loved Hawk and Dove, but your mileage may very. HAPPY READING!

1 Like

New 52 titles I’m enjoying right now:

-Justice League
-Superman Unchained
-Wonder Woman
-Batman and Robin
-Blackhawks
-OMAC
-Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E
-The Green Team: Teen Trillionaires (yep, I’m the one person that bought it when it came out and liked it)
-Stormwatch
-Team 7

I mention these as you can jump into any of them right away and enjoy the fun ride they all offer. They’re perfect for new readers or people new to The New 52.

2 Likes

Demon Knights and the second New 52 Deathstroke series are also worth your time.

1 Like

I’m gonna say I Vampire. It’s only 20 issue making a complete story, beautiful art, lots of guest appearances.

1 Like

Another vote for Animal Man, probably the best thing to come out of the entire New 52. Brian Azzarello’s Wonder Woman is excellent as well.

Frankenstein, Agent of Shade
Demon Knights
Worlds Finest
Earth 2

OMAC and Wonder Woman were my two favorites. I loved that OMAC book.

2 Likes

Alright, another OMAC fan!

1 Like

Snyder and Cappelos Batman run was excellent.

Aquaman. Hands down, the best series of the entire line. I don’t agree with a lot of Geoff Johns views regarding heroes “needing” a tragic origin story, but, leaving that aside, he really knocked it out off the park during his run.

1 Like

Animal Man and Swamp Thing - Rotworld
Batman-Court of Owls
Justice league - Darkseid War .

Really most of new 52 can be skipped. Read Lois and Clark if going into rebirth because it answers some questions about Superman and some of the early rebirth dialogue.