Any Good Azrael Comics?

Other than knightfall

2 Likes

If you like Azrael, I recommend his origin in Batman: Sword of Azrael and his '95 solo ongoing, both by Denny O’Neil (Sword of Azrael is from before Knightfall, and the ongoing takes place afterwards). There’s not a whole lot else to choose from, though he was reintroduced in Batman & Robin Eternal and plays a supporting role in James Tynion IV’s Detective Comics Rebirth run.

There was also another version of the character in the late 2000s who I don’t know anything about, but content is even sparser for him.

4 Likes

Batman and Robin Eternal is good. Recent comics would include Justice League Odyssey and Curse of the White Knight. I think JLO is on DC Universe right now.

3 Likes

Batman: No Man’s Land some good Jean- Paul Valley Jr.

3 Likes

Additional Azrael reads:

4 Likes

Ahh, Thank you! I’ll try it!

2 Likes

Is Odyssey an ongoing series

2 Likes

Indeed. Justice League Odyssey was the third Justice League book to come out of the New Justice aftermath of Dark Nights: Metal, with the other two being Justice League and Justice League Dark.

Odyssey starts off a little rocky writing wise (the art is great, however) but it really hit its stride once Dan Abnett took over as writer on #6, with each issue getting better and better from there on out.

2 Likes

Alright thank you ill try it

1 Like

Bookmarking this thread for sure. Great question. I’ve always been interested in the character ever since I saw him in the Arkham City game but never came across him much in comics.

1 Like

That’s why I asked. I saw him in Arkham Knight and City and thought he was interesting and I wanted to find out more. I guess we can both make use of this

2 Likes

I liked his solo title too. He was too easy to hate when he replaced Bruce. All his relatable characteristics were dropped. Knightfall and aftermath was always terrible to me. Just designed to draw in readers who would never have picked up a book. I feel he was redeemed during his solo. He was such an abused person. So manipulated. It’s a very interesting character.

1 Like

Which Azrael is it

In Odyssey? Jean-Paul Valley.

I do hope that the Michael Lane Azrael series get digitalized sometime, because I remember that being absolutely bananas.

3 Likes

I’m sure this is on at least 1 other comment, but Knightfall

1 Like

never mind someone already said what i was going too !

2 Likes