Any DCU Runners Out There?

I watched that one this morning! So fun! (Loved the Batman and Anansi team-ups before and after, too!)

Also, a quick status update: I’m DMing with moderators to make sure an external club doesn’t violate any community standards or copyright concerns. Will update here when I have more info.

(My legs are still sore from Wednesday. That was my first non-treadmill run in months, and my body feels like I did a marathon. :flash_hv_4:)

4 Likes

If I don’t take a Motrin as soon as I get done I’ll be sore for days! It must knock the inflammation down and prevent whatever makes the muscles hurt. If I shower first or forget for like an hour, it doesn’t work! And it’s not as effective if I take it before. I’ve been experimenting lmao

3 Likes

Okay, so, in speaking with moderators, the external club is okay - we just need to clearly state that it is fan run. Which I have done.

However, they also suggested that we can set up a DCUI Community Running Club if we want, which would keep it all “in the forums.” So, what do you guys think? (@stefanie.m, @Bar-El) Are you more interested in the social aspect that we can get from a Community Club, do our own challenges and encouragement, and whatnot, and not worry about tracking, or are you more interested in the Strava group tracking aspect? (Or both?)

I used to be able to stretch my way through the soreness, but I think my older body might need to follow this plan…

5 Likes

I think either way would be fine, ive been doing zombies run that tracks my run for the day we could post our mileage and encourage each other on. I like the idea of making our own challenges like doing burpees after 1 mile or being active 3 days in a week (which im not currently :thinking: :sweat_smile: )

4 Likes

Thanks guys!

4 Likes

I just heard about this group and am very interested. I would prefer to remain in the forums because I use a Garmin watch to track my miles as my phone doesn’t get very good service for trail running so I don’t use any apps. I would like to have a group for posting our runs, showing pics, telling stories, offering and asking advice and that sort of thing. I used to run a lot and then I had back surgery and was out of the game for seven years, but I have been running almost a year now and it feels amazing to be able to do it again.

7 Likes

Wow I just read your post in the talented section! Thats amazing :clap: i bet you have tons of tips!

I’ve been out of the game for a while so im pumped to have support here as I dont have a running buddy irl

3 Likes

Thanks! I trained for several years on my own before I joined a running group. We actually met online and supported each other online for a quite a while before we met up. Having running friends in an online community is really helpful and motivational so I hope we can create something like that here.

6 Likes

Never been a runner. If someone see’s me running please call for help.

8 Likes

Running in texas in the afternoon…how the hecknyall do it is beyond me

3af085e6ce1ca290a2263cd3267ad949

7 Likes

I think the secret is to avoid said afternoon. :wink:

I used to travel around the US a lot, and if I recall correctly, Texas was home to some of the earliest race start times in the country. (Like 6am gun time for a 5k.) But there were always burritos at the finish line, so I managed to get there.

6 Likes

I’m game for a running club also. I am slowly getting back into it and use the Samsung Health app.

6 Likes

Things are afoot with management! Will post here when we get officialler.

8 Likes

:thinking: :joy: facts. But its still dark in the am when I get up and im not about running in the dark, is scary.

Yay! The more the merrier!

lotr_yay-uid14873634740366-427x240

6 Likes

I’ve always wanted to be the type of person to enjoy running :running_woman:t2::running_woman:t2::running_woman:t2:

5 Likes

I find even now it is not enjoyable until I’ve been running at least 30-40 minutes. It takes a while to get the endorphins flowing. The first few miles are always rough.

5 Likes

I can’t even make it a few feet :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Yes, the first feet are the hardest.

3 Likes

Putting shoes on and opening the door is the hardest for me.

5 Likes

This but once I go its great. Get some jams flowing and a nice spot to run its not all bad. Unless that texas sun is out :hot_face: :sob:

5 Likes