I’m new and was wondering if there are any DCUO here and if the game has a healthy population. I’m a SWTOR player and that game is really loosing players quickly with lack of content.
I play all the time, well used to before Red Dead Redemption II came out
I’ve been playing casually off and on since it xbone, but I broke down this weekend and bought a month of the premium membership. Now I feel obligated to play as much as possible. I need to figure out if I want to erase a couple characters to make new ones while I have access to all the power sets or if I can just change the powers of existing characters. An Ice, a Fire, 2 gadgets, all heroes. Its irritating that they have more power-sets than character slots.
Been playing since launch. First on PC then on PS. My wife plays too. We love that game, in fact, it’s pretty much all we play. Have a youtube channel dedicated to the game as well.
I’ve been tempted to give it a go lately, but the Ultimate Edition DLC is on sale for $79.99. Should I wait on sales or try the free version before I buy the DLC pack?
Play the free version
Thanks man! Installing it now.
Explore and play the game. If you like what you are seeing, but the dlc
Here’s some advice from someone who’s been playing since Beta:
- Start off Free just to see if you enjoy the game. I mean, it’s my favorite video game of all time, but I know my bias - not everybody enjoys seeking out the minutia of the DC Universe while fighting side-by-side with long-standing DC icons.
- At Level 10, several things open up for you. You still might want to stay Free-to-Play, though. Much of the early game (levels 1 - 30) is just a training ground.
- After Level 10 and once you feel comfortable with how the game plays, queue up for Event versions of current content (Atlantis at the moment). This is an Easy-mode version of Endgame content, but will give you a feel for how group missions progress. It’ll let you meet some people and get you some gear too.
- If you enjoy that, you might then want to subscribe for a month, since that unlocks a ton more to do. You’ll have access to every episode, all of the powers and weapons, more of everything, really. A great value if you play a lot.
- The Ultimate Edition unlocks a lot of that too, but is a better choice if you want to avoid the subscription and play every once in awhile.
Hope that helps!
I play it, I got several characters made with various abilities, majority of them are heroes, and one villain (Deathstroke inspired).