Annoying fans

Anti-DCEU fans who act as if they’re the only ones who supposedly know these characters in and out especially portrayals of Superman. I worry about Kal-El becoming the Mickey Mouse of DC Comics where he’s known all over the world but no one waits with anticipation for his new stuff because everybody knows everything about him just like Mickey. The greatest thing the DCEU did was remind the world why Superman is still the alpha and the omega of superheroes.

I also am annoyed by so-called DC fans who always drag Marvel into every DC discussion.

5 Likes

Fans who also say, a certain movie or show makes them not fans of DC again. If it takes one bad show, then did you even really like that character or the DC universe at all

8 Likes

Moro the flip side of love is hate. I can’t waste the emotional energy to actually truly hate someone’s comic writing or movie. Hate should be reserved for evil people and cherry pie. I assume most people mean, I really dislike this product and they’ve messed it up, but some really do mean hate.

3 Likes

@Chris Are you saying that companies shouldn’t try to make products that customers want?

1 Like

I mean, I understand what you are saying about art. I don’t expect every artist out there to be making something absolutely everyone will love. However, comics are not just art. They are art, but they are also products being sold to make a profit. So I would expect DC to make stuff that the majority of readers want to read. That’s all I’m saying.

3 Likes

Fans of a creator (Alan Moore or Frank Miller in particular) who assume either the wrong information or attribute the wrong creator credit to them.

Perfect examples would be people thinking Dark Knight Returns took Batman out of the campy 60’s era and made Batman serious again, even though the works of Denny O’Neil and Neal Adams and Jim Aparo were doing that ten years prior, or people assuming Swamp Thing started with Alan Moore (or was created by Alan Moore) not knowing Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson created and did a run long before Moore got there.

9 Likes

@msgtv, wasting emotional energy is a very good way of putting it. Thank you for phrasing it that way :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

This isn’t a dc fan specific thing, but I’ve seen people get really heated over things people ship. I never understood at why people get so upset over someone putting two fictional characters in a relationship.

4 Likes

When people say batman is overused, maybe he is, so what.

9 Likes

@Superby1… Go to the head of the graduating class especially with the Frank Miller concentration but he allowed his fans and media types to run with that wrong-headed notion by saying he gave Batman his balls back. TDKR is a seminal comic in not just Batman lore but comic book lore period but it is not THE seminal Batman tale.

3 Likes

BATMAN overused? The most popular superhero currently being published?

Puh-lease!

1 Like

I got excited when I thought this was a thread for people like me

2 Likes

It’s not a how-to thread

3 Likes

Constantly bringing up the Snyder Cut, very annoying.

8 Likes

I got another one and it actually comes from the Facebook group: when someone posts a clickbait article and instead of people reading it and figuring out it’s not real, they see the headline and run with these long winded rants about how the DCEU is doomed. Unfortunately clickbait is part of our internet culture now, but to see people not doing their due diligence and just believing anything that’s posted (especially when they use it to support their angry rant-y behavior) you just have to shake your head. Anything from We Got This Covered should be taken with a HUGE grain of salt.

5 Likes

honestly i was going to be like…“nothing tbh” but someone else said it…the frickin Synder cut…

everyone needs to let that sh*t die and just put all of that energy into a sequel for the Justice league since we have all of these solo setups currently roling out in the “DCEU”.

It’s just regressive in my eyes and at this point, people are just being stubborn and following the crowd because there should not be this much hype for extra footage on something that released years ago. Imho it’s just the “fans” voicing their opinion that they didn’t aprove of the JL film and so “that’s not their JL film” …theirs is this Synder Cut. If it ever does get released…then what?? lol people are gonna feel pretttyyyy unsatisfied after all the hype build up for an extra 30-45 mins of something they already know happens.

2 Likes

wow that felt good lmaoo. thank you Legendkiller for giving me a place to rant lol

1 Like

Fans that I find annoying:

-Fans that take their hate of a writer or artist so far that they start sending death threats to those particular creatives. It’s NEVER okay to send death threats to anyone no matter how much you hate what they’ve done to a particular character.

-Fans who hate a writer or artist without benefit of actually reading their work and who are doing so simply because it’s somehow going to make them the “popular kid on the forum”.

-Fans who say you are “not a true fan” of whatever if you happen to like some story that they don’t.

5 Likes

Gah, I hit the post comment button by mistake.

Basically I find entitled fans annoying as heck. These characters are NOT and NEVER can be YOURS so stop acting like they are. (I say this with the caveat that some people might actually manage to become writers at DC at some point of course.)

2 Likes

@JasonTodd428 I really dislike a lot of writers and stories, but I save my hate for the fans who send death threats to said writers. They’re the people who need to calm down. I can’t imagine how messed up someone must be for them to think threatening a human life is an appropriate response to a story they aren’t enjoying.

9 Likes