Announcing The Fans of DC Universe Podcast! Featuring Don-el, Nu52, and more!

Hey everyone, I’ve been working with a bunch of people to create a DC Universe Specific podcast which covers everything DCU from Comics to Originals. This podcast is for the fans BY the fans.

Our first episode is live but if you are too excited and want more, Episode 0 is up until Sunday which served more as a tech test than a podcast BUT there’s still great discussion.

Here’s the description for Episode 1

This week on Fans of DC Universe, we discussed Man of Steel #1-5, Doom Patrols song “People like us”, the weekly releases, Young Justice Ep. 14-16, Swamp Thing Ep. 6, and more!!

This week featured
Nathan.Payson (“New to DCU” Book Club Leader and “What’s New to DCU” Writer)
Don-el (“Legion of Superheroes Club House” Leader and DCU’s Nostradamus)
Nu-52 (“Pride Month Book Club” Leader and person who felt a 6.9 earthquake 5 minutes after we stopped recording (She is safe))

Full disclosure, we had one tech issue where my mic cut out at two different moment. Fortunately that problem has been fixed for all future episodes.

Every week will feature new and returning voices from all sorts of various fans. Before we started recording our talks, we’ve had Toonatonian, JLWWSM, MatMcdonald, and more!

Next week, we will be asking if Doom Patrol has a chance at an Emmy Nomination, Young Justice Ep. 17, Swamp Thing Ep. 7, and more.

Thanks everyone! You can listen to it at this link
https://playmusic.app.goo.gl/?ibi=com.google.PlayMusic&isi=691797987&ius=googleplaymusic&apn=com.google.android.music&link=https://play.google.com/music/m/Ivfhgpjolrxq76evo4ht4nn27du?t%3DFans_of_DC_Universe%26pcampaignid%3DMKT-na-all-co-pr-mu-pod-16

14 Likes

Thanks for setting this up Nathan and posting so quickly!

1 Like

Neat! Definitely going to give this a listen.

2 Likes

Would love to have you join anytime.

Just send Nathan what you would be interested in chatting about.

I leave the Discord link on the Legion book club area. It’s the easiest way to talk to Nathan one on one.

1 Like

A shout out to Dukect45 , DC superfan both and on the Discord channel. Thanks for joining episode 0 and sharing observations and reflections from your Swamp Thing comic book readings and Swamp Thing Original DCU show.

1 Like

I don’t usually listen to podcasts, but this sounds awesome

3 Likes

I do like a good podcast to listen to while I work!

3 Likes

Cool, I’ll give a listen and as a fellow podcaster (100 episodes in) I’d be down to guest down the road if you are ever interested in that.

2 Likes

Anytime! Contact me on discord through the DCU Book Club if you ever want to join.

Everyone FYI, I can only keep 5 hours of sound on because of how podcast servers work. I’m not going to get into the money, but expect 4-5 episodes only being available.

2 Likes

I was thinking it’ll be old news by then anyway right? but I also have a feeling Nathan we can create MP3s and store them on the discord server as well

1 Like

Really cool initiative you started. Nathan!

1 Like

Good luck. I’ll definitely look for it!

1 Like

Listened to it this afternoon. Congrats on y’all’s first show, it was fun to listen to.

2 Likes

Thanks AquamonC137! You are very welcome to join the next podcast or whenever you like to talk about all things Superman!

2 Likes

Nathan, any listeners yet to the podcast from last week? I think it was fun!

1 Like

It was. Because of how google analytics work. I can only say fewer than 10 people.

2 Likes

I finally got a chance to listen to episode 0, good stuff :+1:

2 Likes

We record tomorrow night over on the discord channel all of your welcome to come join, Thursday.

2 Likes

Thanks @TheOriginalCaptainMarvel! Remember that is out test episode. Episode 1 is the first real episode

3 Likes

We invite whoever wants to come join us at the podcast at 9 p.m. Eastern tonight. We have Discord links over on the various book clubs …come on over and join the conversation!

2 Likes