ANNOUNCING BATMAN: THE WORLD - A Never-Before-Seen Global Comic Event From DC!

Okay, I didn’t recognize the name until you posted the image, but Gi is well known for being able to not only draw things with perfect recall, but without making any construction lines – he just does everything with the first brush of ink, making him the envy of pretty much every artist alive.

Here’s a video he did for DC Comics Art Academy back in 2018:

Anyway, this is super cool – definitely plan to pick this up.

1 Like

I just realized this is out next week. But I didn’t see anywhere I could pre-order this besides a certain major online retailer… I guess I’m going to have to try my LCS next week and hope they have it.

1 Like

Just so you know, the mods here did confirm that this will also show up on DCUI next week, so you can just read it there!

2 Likes

Any update on the global expansion of the app? This is great but it sucks that so many DC fans around the world will have limited access to it?

1 Like

Lee Bermejo shared some of his art for his story in The World and, unsurprisingly, it’s freaking beautiful.

2 Likes

I responded to this in the thread you made about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good, only a few days till I can read this. Sounds very interesting and to be able to get it on here is very cool.

1 Like

Released today!!! Has anyone read it yet? Does it live up to the hype?

2 Likes

I’m definitely going to try and check it out sometime this week. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Just read it! My top 5 stories:

#5: Turkey — a real detective story, where Batman must engross himself in Turkey’s history and culture to solve an international mystery. Also makes the obligatory “Batman in Batman” joke.

#4: Brazil —perhaps the most critical story of the country presented, where Batman’s arrival presents him with a level of systemic corruption on par with Gotham’s own.

#3: Germany — a Batman vs. Joker story that ranks up with the best of them, where The Clown Prince tries his hand at ecoterrorism.

#2: Japan — a very manga-influenced story about the radical power of art.

#1: Russia — clearly a semi-autobiographical tale about growing up behind the Iron Curtain in the Cold War, and how mere whispers of Batman from the west could grow into legend.

1 Like