Announcing: Batman: The Long Halloween Special!

I thought there were two Holiday killers. One for roughly the first half, and one for the second half.

1 Like

That could be how it went down, but Gildaā€™s ā€œconfessionā€ at the end isnā€™t completely reliable. It couldā€™ve all been in her head, and it doesnā€™t account for Albertoā€™s involvement

1 Like

Ohyeahkoolaid

2 Likes

I almost commented in this thread earlier today, but I was like, ā€œNah, I donā€™t want to take this away from the people who actually like The Long Halloween.ā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

yes-gif-5

Iā€™ve really gotta start that reread of TLH and DV now.

2 Likes

I thought she was the killer through Thanksgiving, then Alberto fakes his death at New Years and takes over from thereā€¦?

1 Like

But what about Harvey? According to Gilda, he was the one who took over for her after Alberto, but even she canā€™t say she knew that for a fact. The only murders we know about for sure are Alberto killing Maroni and Harvey killing his assistant and Falcone. Compare that to something like Hush where Batman and Riddler reveal nearly every detail of the mystery at the end. Now maybe that was a little too spoon-fed, but I still ultimately prefer that kind of approach to keeping things vague

1 Like

In my mind, she thinks he did, but never verified or proved it to be true.

I definitely need to reread this series- all these years later and weā€™re still discussing it :grin:

1 Like

And thatā€™s the thing of it. So many of us have different interpretations of who Holiday was and how many Holidays there were. Now maybe Loeb and Sale prefer that method for this story and wonā€™t change that part of it, but I just think itā€™d be amazing to see a full answer

1 Like

Agreed. Theyā€™ve given us years to speculate. Time to give a definitive answer.

1 Like

Ooo this sounds fun. Iā€™m a bit nervous when these sort of unnecessary sequels happen, but Iā€™ll pick it up and Iā€™m sure if nothing else itā€™ll be fun!

1 Like

I do agree a lot of times, but when said sequels have the original creators on board, thatā€™s a much better sign that itā€™ll actually be something good

1 Like