Announcing: Batman: The Long Halloween Special!

A quarter century has passed since the release of the Eisner Award winning Batman: The Long Halloween from the creative team of writer Jeph Loeb and artist Tim Sale. On October 12, 2021, Loeb and Sale return to continue their story and show that some secrets never stay buried in Batman: The Long Halloween Special.

“Twenty-five years ago, Tim Sale and I set out to tell a mystery tale of how Gotham City went from crime to freaks,” said Jeph Loeb. “The result was Batman: The Long Halloween. We’re thrilled to be back at DC revisiting some of our favorite characters all the while revealing that you may not know the whole story…”

Written by Loeb with artwork by Sale, colors by Brennan Wagner (Grendel) and lettering by Richard Starkings (Elephantmen), Batman: The Long Halloween Special will be available at local comic book shops in a 48-page prestige format on October 12, 2021, for $7.99.

To learn a little more about Batman: The Long Halloween Special, head on over to DC Comics!

Are you excited for this 48-page special? Let us know in the comments below! :point_down:

24 Likes

Ooo interesting. Sounds great :+1:

7 Likes

Hell yeah! This plus the Darkseid Halloween special sound like it’s gonna be a great Halloween from DC comics :jack_o_lantern:

6 Likes

I know a lot of people won’t want the book to do this, but I’m desperately hoping that we can finally get a definitive answer to who Holiday was. As much as I love the original story, the vagueness of Holiday’s identity has also driven me crazy for years. I’m just the type of person who prefers mystery stories to have clear-cut answers as opposed to leaving everything up in the air. But regardless of whether or not this does that, I’m sure it’ll still be awesome!

2 Likes

It’s always conflicting when a sequel comes out for a beloved property. It’s like “I love you and want to spend more time with you but I’m afraid you’ve changed and the spark is gone”. I don’t envy the pressure on creators to keep the streak going.
Very minor annoyance, a deluxe edition of TLH is coming out the same day and I kind of wish it was later because you know another edition will be right around the corner that includes this.

3 Likes

I’m excited!!! I still gotta see the animated movie too. I hope they do Dark Victory as a sequel for it…

2 Likes

Oh YAS!

2 Likes

I’ll snag it. I dug the Part One flick and am knee-deep in my latest re-read of The Long Halloween itself, so why not continue the 25th anniversary goodness?

ponders if Loeb and Jim Lee will do a Hush Special in 2022

A 20th anniversary-based commemorative would be pretty sweet…

4 Likes

The perfect Halloween treat! :halloween_batman:

2 Likes

Now that Long Halloween got the treatment. I’d love to see Loeb & Sale’s Challengers of the Unknown. That was my favorite run of challengers. Live action or animated. Probably be safer live action tho- cuz if it’s anything like the comic, it would definitely mess up some kids’ brains if they thought they we’re watching a cartoon about explorers.

1 Like

Oooooooh yeah :sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s actually really good pop-locking by Leo. I’m a Leo fan, definitely a Wolf of Wall Street fan!!!

1 Like

@capo-mage yeah, same here. I could watch him in the wolf of wall street or the revenant all the time. Oh, and Once upon a time in Hollywood.
Oh, and shutter island… etc etc, haha
But you know that Leo stole those dance moves from me right? :rofl:

1 Like

He definitely didn’t take em from me cuz it would’ve been way better than that lol.

1 Like

Haha,
Sorry, i get easily sidetracked.
But I really am excited for the Long Halloween special

2 Likes

What are u sorry for? Smooth criminal, now that move is outta my range as is everyones. I forget how they said they did that? Either floor was slanted or something. Once again, could’ve just Googled it I guess, but too lazy.

2 Likes

Haha, there was a nail in the floor, and their shoes were specially built with a nail wedge on bottom of sole.

2 Likes

That’s right ty.

2 Likes

Since I’m skipping Fear State, there will be plenty of money left over to grab this.

1 Like

Yes this is definitely interesting… :thinking:

Then, ajm08g recalls the fun discussion in the World of Bats thread with @AlexanderKnox and @Jay_Kay:batman:

Perhaps a future discussion on the horizon again? :smiley: :crystal_ball:

ajm08g then recalls Aknox’s reaction to the Long Halloween and proceeds to contact B.W. to deliver a grant for Aknox to write more articles… :sweat_smile: :superman_hv_4:

2 Likes