We’re throwing a party - a cleaning party, that is!
Since we launched the new Community interface back in October of 2019, the community leadership team has been able to do amazing things to support and engage with you all. Our tools are boundless, and we want to take it a step further!
One of the best features of our Community is the ability to self-serve recommendations, solutions, and past conversations by searching for them right inside our forums. In order to improve this experience, the moderation team is hard at work to make these capabilities even better.
HERE ARE THE KIND OF CHANGES YOU MIGHT NOTICE:
Combining of “like-topics”. There are lots of multiple conversations asking questions like “Where should I start reading Batman?” To make these friendlier for new members, we will be combining these topics to ensure everyone’s answers are seen.
Updating topic titles. This practice makes topics MUCH easier to search, and easier to identify if that topic addresses a member’s needs.
Adding/removing tags. Not only are titles searchable, but tags are a crucial tool we want to encourage, as well! For example, by clicking on or searching for the #batman-the-animated-series tag, you will find all relevant topics that have been tagged for those discussions.
"BUT HOW DO YOU PICK WHAT AREAS ARE CLEANED AT THIS PARTY?"
That’s a great question! Read on to find out:
Using those, in addition to the standard we’ve been using since the very beginning, we roll up our sleeves, tie our hair in bandanas, and start cleaning!
To revisit, cleaning consists of:
- Ensuring the TITLE of a topic is properly formatted - descriptive, clear, and capitalized.
- Ensuring the BODY of a topic is more than just a link or a photo; that it includes at least a single sentence explaining to other members what they’d like to discuss.
- Ensuring the topics are in the correct CATEGORY and/or sub-category so it gets the best exposure.
- Ensuring the TAGS on a post are correct. This helps other members find topics that might interest them just by using simple search terms.
- Ensuring redundant and long inactive topics (~1 year) are retired. This helps newer threads to thrive, and makes it easier to find what you’re looking for by searching.
- Ensuring posts are abiding by the COMMUNITY GUIDELINES.
“HOW WILL I KNOW IF MY POST WAS EDITED?”
If your post is edited, you will receive an automatic notification to let you know. Here is a helpful key:
The title or body was edited.
Your topic or comment was combined into a more appropriate topic or category.
If you notice a topic has been changed and feel that it has been in error, please contact the @moderators team directly and we will sort it out.
Questions, thoughts, or bursting with elation at the mere mention of “organization”? Let us know in the comments below!