And The New Batwoman Is .

Well thats sucks. Not even a cannon character.

1 Like

New character regardless of Race that is non canonical opens up a WORLD of possibilities so I’m interested to see which direction this goes

4 Likes

Well personally to me this pick tells me that the show won’t last to much longer maybe one to two seasons tops before it’s get canned

I expect the season 2 premiere is going to see a pretty big spike in viewers who want to see the new Batwoman and how they handle the transition from Kate. If the writing is good and the character is interesting, a lot of those viewers will stick around. Plus there will be more media coverage than a season two premiere usually gets. I just hope they don’t hold off too long on getting her into the costume. Even if it’s starting with her as Batwoman and then tossing up a “Six weeks earlier” graphic before really giving us the backstory, I’m not sure how long people will wait to see Batwoman in action again.

3 Likes

She looks like she will be a better alternative to Ruby Rose. I really didn’t like her acting or personality so this may be the shows best chance of reacquiring fans who gave up on the show like me. Though the’ll need to be very careful on how they transition story-wise.

Well judging by the way they destroyed this story so far a new main character that isn’t cannon may be the way to go.

I may give the crap shoot another throw… but if they keep the same writers and over sell the woke stuff this show will finish in the dumpster fire it has started…

Let the story be the story and it will carry the characters and subsequent message.

Well… I’m out.

I haven’t been a fan of Batwoman as it is, but this seals the deal.

The show simply isn’t for me.

1 Like

I like it when they create new characters for the TV shows because then they can move into the comics, like Harley did. That’s always exciting!

5 Likes

I have not seen her work, but she seems lovely. I may give Batwoman a second chance.

I haven’t seen much of her work but ill give season two a shot. they just had so much left to close up from season 1 i hope they don’t toss it out and leave it unresolved to start a new full story line. i’m a little concerned though about it being a new character as the full list of characters in the show are all connected to Kate, they are her family, her friends, her coworkers (whats gonna happen to the real estate thing?) her ex-girlfriend? everything was connected to her somehow. Ill give it a fair shake though. hopefully they can pull this off with a new character.

1 Like

Looks like Ryan Wilder is making her comics debut in next week’s Batgirl 50

First Look: The New Batwoman Makes Her DC Debut

5 Likes
3 Likes

Awesome! So technically she won’t be a new character :laughing:

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning!

4 Likes

Season 2 starts January 17, on my bee-day! :hugs:

2 Likes

Coincidence?

I think NOT! :wink:

2 Likes

I do not like the current race politics in comic books. For all of the red headed lesbians out there, why are they changing the race of the character all of a sudden? If they found a white actor to play a black super hero, i would be upset for all the black people who identified with them for their race. If you need to represent black lesbians, make a character, but do not take away one from another group.

They’re not, she’s a new character, not Kate.

3 Likes
3 Likes

The difference is that most black characters have their stories directly affected by their race. Mr. Terrific faces much different issues than Batman because he is black despite them both being billionaires. On top of that, there are FAR less black characters than white characters. So replacing a black character affects poc fans far more than a white character. It is not comparable to change a black character as changing a white character.

Even with all that said, as @Mae already said, this is a completely new character so all of what i just said is irrelevant.

1 Like