AN Honest Opinion on "The Dark Knight Returns"

I’ve been dealing with people forming their opinions of Clark from this story for a long time, and it doesn’t get any less annoying every time I hear it.

2 Likes

Who are they?

not really agreeing with this

3 Likes

They are a group of three women in Batman The dark knight strikes again…there a cross between pop stars, pin-up models and more…kinda hard to explain. the group consists of Black canary (likely the second one) Wonder Chix and Bat chix. Dark knight strikes again is the sequel of Dark Knight returns.

It’s a bit hard to notice and is more prevalent in the DCAU, Injustice, and The animated movie continuity that just ended two years ago. However you still only notice it in a few episodeds.

3 Likes

PS: Ok I need to make a little correction to I am watching Netflix’s new superhero…parody The gaurdians of Justice…Is based on the Dark knight returns universe (earth 31) turned up to 11. so there is one more directly influenced work. It’s not pure DC but it’s defiantly a world like B: DKR.

3 Likes

This reminds me of this

2 Likes

Interestingly actually this month is the start of White Knight vol 3.

3 Likes

thoughts?

2 Likes

Are you dissing Bill Finger?

2 Likes

On which?

2 Likes

I feel like a lot of people just think “Batman=cool”, “Superman=boring”, which is annoying. And not at all accurate. They’re both cool! (And a lot of it just depends on the writers. I do think it can be easier to write a good Batman story than a good Superman story).

4 Likes

Honestly, this scene both in the film and in the book always makes me tear up a bit.

3 Likes

Same

2 Likes

Beyond the White Knight

Why?

2 Likes

I will give my long personal answer after work when I het to my PC.

2 Likes

It reminds me of the 2016 Louisiana Flood. We were having huge social issues due to the Alton Sterling shooting with mass protests and protests against the protest. Then a giant “once in 500 year” flood comes and puts so many lives in jeopardy. With this obstacle to overcome we reforged the Cajun Navy and came together to save out state. That is how it literally hits so close to home.

4 Likes

It sounds interesting. I cant wait to read it.

It’s a touching and inspiring scene of human kindness shining through a moment of darkness.

2 Likes

PS: Another interesting thing that makes this great is its really the first time we see Batman as an old man and Catwoman as an old woman. before this batman of earth two just had some gray around his temples and Catwoman still looked like she was in her 30s despite being the mother of a 19-year-old daughter (the great Helena Wayne/Huntress) before Selina’s death. This was due to several of the heroes of earth two having ‘magically’ slowed aging. Green Arrow of earth-two was in his 80’s when he died in crisis but looked just like his earth one counterpart.

3 Likes

… All I’m going to say is that a lot of people think Frank Miller flipped and went to hard-right politics later in his career, but… if you were paying attention… he was there all along.

3 Likes

Nothing more hard-right than trashing Reagan.

3 Likes

I mean, sure, he trashes Reagan, and that’s a mainstream Republican no-no. However, you look at the portrayal of Lana Lang and Carrie Kelly’s parents and tell me that you don’t see him spearing the left.

2 Likes