An experiment: Want to see the 3 hour cut of Superman or the Donner cut of Superman II for free?

Note: this post was originally in the Thursday question thread as a followup to my previous post there but later decided I should post it here. The previous post there talked about Movies Anywhere giving people the ability (although still in beta) to loan out movies they own digitally to other people. Movies Anywhere calls it Screen Pass. I thought this might be a way for DCU members to see DC movies that aren’t available here and maybe DCU could help facilitate that, and, as a potential DCU member benefit here, maybe get rid of certain limitations for DCU members since Warners. along with some other movie studios, are part of Movies Anywhere.

I figured it would be unlikely for DCU to be able to do that, so maybe I can get this done for fellow members directly.

It looks like Movies Anywhere gave me a green light to loan out movies in their Screen Pass beta, so I thought I’d reach out to you guys if you’re interested in seeing movies in my DC movie collection for free. Also, I’m interested in seeing how well this works.

Unfortunately, not all of my movies are Screen Pass eligible and that includes any version I have of Watchmen. What I can loan out are these:

The 188 minute extended cut of Superman: The Movie (HD)
Aquaman (4K, extras)
Man Of Steel (HD, extras)
Teen Titans go to the Movies (4K, extras)
Constantine: City of Demons (4K, extras)
Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay (HD, extras)
Justice League: The New Frontier (HD, extras)
Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut (HD, sadly, no extras because it has a really informative commentary by Richard Donner and Tom Mankiewicz)
Justice League (4k, extras)
Batman Vs. Two-Face (HD, extras)
The Losers (HD)
Wonder Woman (2017) (4K, extras)
The Lego Batman Movie (4k,extras)
Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (HD, extras, including a great conversation with Mr. Wolfman and Mr. Pérez)
Suicide Squad (130 minute theatrical cut) (HD, extras)
Suicide Squad (134 minute extended cut) (HD, extras)
Batman: The Killing Joke (HD, extras)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (151 minute theatrical cut) (HD, extras)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (181 minute extended edition) (HD, extras)
Justice League: Gods And Monsters (HD, extras)
Batman: Year One (HD, extras)
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths (HD, extras)
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (HD, extras)
Batman Begins (HD, extras)
All Star Superman (HD extras)
The Dark Knight (HD, extras)
V For Vendetta (HD, extras)
The Dark Knight Returns Parts 1 & 2 Deluxe Edition (HD, extras)
Justice League: War (HD, extras)
Justice League: Doom (HD, extras)
The Dark Knight Rises (HD, extras)

I realize many movies are available here on DCU. I list them anyway to keep a complete list, particularly since movies regularly disappear.

For the ones where I say if my digital copy says I have are 4K and/or extras, I can see it but I don’t know if a loaned copy will also have it. The extras are most likely seen in the Movie Anywhere app, as opposed to the streaming services that Movies Anywhere links to, which, according to Movies Anywhere today, are iTunes, Amazon, Vudu, Google Play/YouTube, Microsoft, Xfinity (for Xfinity TV subscribers only), FandangoNOW, Verizon Fios TV (for Verizon Fios TV subscribers only). Currently, I don’t know if movies I loan out can only be viewed in the Movie Anywhere app or site or also in the connected aforementioned streaming services. If they can, Vudu tends to work better than Movies Anywhere for viewing movies.

It appears that if I initiate loaning out a movie, Movies Anywhere generates a unique URL which I can copy and paste it into a DM here (or email or text) so that the borrower can use it in their own Movies Anywhere account. Thus, one would need their own Movies Anywhere account (which is free)

I can only loan out 3 movies a month. Every loaned movie invitation has to be accepted within 7 days, The loaned movie has to be started within 14 days, and finished within three days.

Let me know if you’re interested in trying it out.

Hope it works.

While a lovely gesture (believe me, that is really nice of you :slightly_smiling_face:) we’re not supposed to give out personal information of any kind on here.

But again, it’s really nice of you to offer.

3 Likes

Well, to the best of my knowledge, I don’t believe I’m giving out any personal info, other than the movie list. If someone here wants to see a movie on my list, they can say so in the thread or PM me and I can send them a URL generated by Movies Anywhere. I don’t think any other info is exchanged, but if you can see something else, please let me know.

Otherwise, thank you for the compliment.

1 Like