Amazon Headquarters

gal-gadot-wonder-woman

What a wonderful headquarters you have here! :world_of_wonder: :wonderwoman:

9 Likes

Name: King Blotto
First Appearance: Sensation Comics #64 (1947)
Creators: H.G Peter and Joye Hummel
Abilities: Ruler of the Cloud People and leader of its cloud armies.

Backstory: Ruler of the Cloud People, King Blotto ruled over a nation which existed within the stratosphere. A people who lived upon clouds which filled with stardust, remained solid to stand upon. Carving out a civilization that relies on falling space debris to survive, the Cloud People lived meager lives, rationing to live from year to year and carve out lives from what has been their way for thousands of years.

However the march of progress and continuous advancement of human civilization would spell dire trouble for King Blotto and his people. As humans began developing jet engines and using planes which traveled the stratosphere, King Blottos people would go unnoticed by fast moving aviation which tore through, dispersing the ground which they walked upon and destroying the precious crops which they needed to live.

Thus King Blotto would order war upon aviation itself! For the sake of their survival they would blast those offending planes out of the sky as they approached the hidden kingdom of the clouds using newly created weaponry for this very purpose.

The planes would crash in the cloud kingdom and their occupants enslaved to work the fields which were destroyed by the aviators. With King Blotto certain that his peoples fate rested on an iron fist for showing any mercy could spell extinction for the Cloud People.

Summary

8 Likes

It was a strange and happening world for the early Wonder Woman tales.

7 Likes

Multiple kingdoms in the north pole, kingdoms underwater, kingdoms underground, a kingdom in the south pole, kingdoms in the sky, the geography of Wonder Womans world was pretty wild.

Sometimes I wonder if all of Wonder Womans time traveling and altering of history caused it somehow

6 Likes

:raised_hands: @nu52 :partying_face::purple_heart:
giphy

10 Likes

Name: Cat-Eye
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #28 (2017)
Creators: Shea Fontana and David Messina
Abilities: Proportionate speed and strength of a five foot tall woman who was into acrobats, LASER EYES

Backstory: Self proclaimed reincarnation of the Egyptian Goddess Bastet, the goddess of protection, defense, sun warrior-ing, and childbirth. Who among other things was known for NOT having laser eyes.

Claiming to be Wonder Womans guide to the underworld who declared Diana would get lost in the Duat, Cat-Eye for all her claims of divinity was also a hired mercenary who for the right price would go after any target to bring about their end.

Exhibiting no god-like strength, speed or warrior prowess, Cat-Eye might be dismissed as inconsequential…Were it not for the fact that she combined those mortal enemies cats and laser pointers to become…A cat with Laser eyes!

Firing a pair of continuous laser beam that was the size of and directed by the direction of her irsis’s, she was capable of carving an inch deep line in cement just from running her Laser eye gaze upon it. Creating an effect which looked like a laser pointer running across a surface, but leaving a smoldering trail in its wake.

additional images

8 Likes

Ooh, here’s one I finally know! I really like the storyline this character randomly and briefly shows up in. She’s got a cool design, too…now I wish we’d seen more of her.

7 Likes

I 100% confess I have a weakness for the more surreal designs and concepts. While the pre crisis era had a glorious amount of it, we did see some unique concepts in later years while I’ll bounce around as I go back and forth along Wonder Womans many stories.

Its a cat…With a laser pointer!

8 Likes

I want to see Cat Eye v Cheetah.

8 Likes

that’s going on my who would win on sunday!

7 Likes

:laughing:

8 Likes

Sorry Cat Eye, you look cool and all, but Cheetah’s got this.

Speaking of my favorite Wonder Woman villain, this boss fight in the new Kirby game definitely reminded me of someone…

And of course, WW84 version (cuz she looks neon lol):

8 Likes

To be fair, I give Cat-Eye pretty fair odds against Cheetah…Depending on WHICH Cheetah shes fighting

7 Likes

I am thinking of Rebirth Barbara Ann, who is pretty ruthless…I don’t know a whole lot about previous versions of Cheetah. (Waits for @nuuninuunani’s definitive guide. :pray:)

7 Likes

:laughing:
Alright I shall add the other Cheetahs to the pile~!

To give a rough summary though

Priscilla Rich: Skilled ballerina whose was moving like she was starring in Cats decades before the musical. Had the ability to bring out peoples ‘inner animals’ (fursonas) and dominate them, turning people into her unknowing sleeper agents and carrying out her will and then forgetting their actions a moment later. Further, her Cheetah persona was her own ‘inner animal’ that acted against the will of her true identity. Which drew strength from Priscillas sense of worthlessness and feelings of jealousy.
Also had pet cheetahs sometimes.

Deborah Domaine: Ecological activist turned eco terrorist after being kidnapped by Kobra and trained to be an assassin, with deadly claws implanted into her fingers which can cut through virtually anything

Post crisis Barbara Ann Minerva: Can outrun the Flash. Tail can elongate and strangle people. Every full moon she is driven to kill in a mindless bloodthirst. Has the teeth and the claws and is kinda like Rebirth Cheetah but arguably less clever and more beastial.
For a bit absorbs the power of the Greek furies to seriously kick ass. Oh, and she has no soul.

Sebastian Ballesteros: Basically anything Rebirth Barbara Minerva can do. Also hes a billionaire who owns his own company and Circe is his sugar mama who gave him his powers and props up his otherwise useless ass.

Oddesseyverse Cheetah: An Amazon who happens to have the name of Cheetah and has the moving fast and such while also being human.

New 52 Cheetah: Basically a werewolf? Anyone she bites turns into mind controlled were-Cheetah thrall. Also all the powers of Rebirth Barbara Minerva

Hmm…I think thats all the Cheetahs?

8 Likes

:rofl:

I forgot about him, and yes, perfect summation.

Thank you for your stellar info, as always!

7 Likes

Name: Earl of Greed
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #2 (1942)
Creators: William Marston and H.G Peter
Abilities: Personification of greed, Wields a vast ever growing wealth, Can become an invisible and intangible voice that whispers and cajoles, tempting his targets to give in to greed.

Backstory: At once the most seemingly harmless yet most pervasive of Ares boys, the Earl of Greed is the anthropomorphic personification of greed itself. The desire to take as much as one wants, hoard it just for the sake of having it, and desire not simply to be wealthy, but to be wealthier than others. To sooner see that wealth destroyed than for it to go to benefit others.

Wheras the Lord of Conquest was an open show of force that sought to dominate others and force ones will upon them in a direct manner and the Duke of Deception was misdirection and falsehoods incarnate, the Earl of Greed was far more subtle and insidious.

Seemingly everywhere, the Earl of Greed was that little voice whispering into the ears of the wealthy to take more than they needed. The one urging against giving to others and to keep more for yourself.

The Earl of Greed is capitalism made manifest. A being who grows in power and influence in a world where there is a price on human life and the all mighty dollar has more value than any human right or consideration.

Every CEO, bank robber, dictator, and fascist motivated only by their own prosperity and the desire to have more than anyone else is the unknowing puppet of the Earl of Greed.

For so long as there is greed in the world, the Earl of Greed will exist. Invisible and whispering temptations into the ears of those who are receptive to his influence.

additional images

8 Likes

Name: Academy of Arch Villains
First Appearance: Wonder Woman 141 (1963)
Creators: Robert Kanigher and Ross Andru
Abilities: A seemingly endless number of fancy gold trophies to give away every year. The proportionate respectability of a big name rewards show.

Backstory: Once a year every year the criminal underworld will get together to celebrate feats of daring criminality and the amazing examples of criminals going above and beyond to prove themselves the number one supervillain.

Be it awards going out to villains for impressive bank robberies or most impressive murders, the criminal underworlds academy of arch villains will review the nominees and giving recognition to their achievement, award them a shiny gold trophy and the prestige of knowing that they made the big time.

The identity of those individuals on the Academy board are forever shrouded in mystery. Their instructions filtered through the host of the yearly show to dedicate their awards to.

However on top of such moments of recognition, the Academy of Arch Villains would also put out bounties of a sort. Such as creating special one of a kind awards like the ‘Golden WW’ to be given to whoever successfully murders Wonder Woman. A reward that is only one of its kind and would grant a promising villain a promising gold star in their career of evil.

So great is the prestige of the Academy of Arch villains that their award ceremonies are covered by all major news outlets. With many a criminal turning to a life of crime not for revenge or wealth, but purely for the recognition that comes from walking the red carpet and standing on that stage with a golden trophy at hand.

Additional images

9 Likes

Darn it I forgot to include the silly panel of Diana watching a news broadcast about a newspaper cover

8 Likes

Fun stuff like this is half of why I love comics.

8 Likes