Amazon Headquarters

Question for all of you Amazon Warriors:

Wonder Woman is my #2 favorite mainline hero, so I’ve made the decision to read her entire Prime Earth continuity (New 52 - present) through the rest of this year. My question is are there stories in books other than the mainline Wonder Woman book that I should read as well? Example: Villain’s Journey was pretty WW centric, Death Metal was a legit WW event by the end of it, etc etc

Thanks for any advice :00_aquaman:

9 Likes

Personally, I don’t think you need to read much outside of her main title. I read a lot of the big events while reading her title but not a lot of it really struck me as necessary reading.

Others might feel differently. For me, Wonder Woman is kinda my main focus so a lot of the crossover stuff didn’t hit.

9 Likes

Well, one of the biggest books she had other than her own during the New 52 era was probably Superman/Wonder Woman, which had a few pretty good arcs in there, especially when Charles Soule and Peter Tomasi were on the book. The downside of it was that as it was part of the Superman line of comics and around that time it got pretty crossover heavy, specifically the Doomed event and to a certain extent the Grounded storyline, so for a chunk it kind of feels like Wonder Woman’s perspective on Superman events. But there are some decent chunks in there.

If you decide to go into the Superman/Wonder Woman stuff, it also probably wouldn’t hurt to delve into the Justice League books where that started. I think mostly runs in issues #7-12, “The Villain’s Journey,” and we see them on a couple of dates in the Cheetah two-parter in 13-14, and at the start of Throne of Atlantis.

Speaking of Justice League, one arc I would recommend was The Darkseid War, issues 40-50, as she plays a very big role in it, and it also introduces storylines and characters that we would see in the Rebirth era.

As for the Rebirth era, I would definitely recommend checking out Justice League Dark, which she’s basically the team leader of during that time, especially since there is a crossover event between the two books at a certain point.

There’s also a great miniseries team up between Batman and Wonder Woman called The Brave & The Bold: Batman & Wonder Woman, written and drawn by Liam Sharp which was really cool.

The first issue of Harley Quinn’s Little Black Book also has a fun team-up story with Harley and Wonder Woman.

Like you said, Death Metal is kind of a stealth Wonder Woman story.

I’m not sure if you’re counting Future State stuff in there, but if you aren’t, I would definitely recommend Future State Wonder Woman, which was the debut of Yara Flor/the current Wonder Girl, as well as Immortal Wonder Woman, which is Diana millions of years in the future trying to stop the entropy of the universe from collapsing. There’s also a Superman/Wonder Woman story starring Yara and Jon Kent that’s pretty cool too.

Once you get into Infinite Frontier-era stuff, you’ll want to read some of the ancillary books around the book at the time, specifically Joelle Jones’ Wonder Girl and Nubia & The Amazons, both of which tie into a big Wonder Woman event called Trial of the Amazons. After the event there is a sequel book to Nubia called Nubia: Queen of the Amazons.

And once you start getting into the current books, outside of the main book by Tom King, there is a side series called Amazons Attack that focuses on Yara, Nubia, Queen Faruka and Mary Marvel as they deal with fallout from King’s story, and right now Diana and the Amazons are playing a key role in Kelly Thompson’s Birds of Prey.

There are likely a few I’ve missed, but those are the ones that come readily to mind that are in continuity. There are a few other gems I can recommend that are out of continuity, but that’s probably more than enough for now. :smiley:

8 Likes

That said I will warn you that with the last few runs, older elements are being incorporated which predate new 52, and operate under the assumption that you would already know about them.

For example the current run makes reference to ‘Amazons Attack’ and Gail Simones run on the book back during post crisis.

8 Likes

Donna Troy

9 Likes

:wondersquadron2: Greetings @WonderSquadron! Hope this finds you well. :hugs:

Quick note about some activities this month:
First, every December the DCU Art Club takes requests for the holidays! :snowman: Stop by :point_down: HERE with any ideas you may have. (Or click this: dcfac)

Next: ICYMI, Tonight (12/11) we have a DCSHG movie :popcorn: Legends of Atlantis

Then this Thursday (12/14) we’re taking another trip to Atlantis w/ our friends at DC TV/Movie Club and The Justice League Club! :ocean: :trident: Aquaman (2018)—hope to see you there!

Lastly, :star_struck: here’s this Kevin Wada piece for WW#6

And for anyone who celebrates, this: :heart: :candle:

19 Likes

B0683763-3BA1-455E-B463-00D92568A721

15 Likes

This is the kind of awesome stuff DC Fan Art Club does, everybody! (This one’s by @NYJt3) :purple_heart: :wondersquadron2:

19 Likes

Seriously, this woman looks stunning in her Yara Flor cosplay

12 Likes

That’s impressive - thanks for sharing!

12 Likes

I saw this the other day, thought id share

12 Likes

WW #800 art…

![image|666x500](upload://aZ4RHHSUMlhXAItWZLeWvzJjbcF.jpeg

)

![image|666x500](upload://ocZjezoV4BD7QXU5U7rZqDWFm2S.jpeg

)

![image|666x500](upload://xowmwOUt4V12V7qOiHBE7Tski0o.jpeg

)

![image|666x500](upload://naWZRuA8eMr8YijlgW1qeja1Lyq.jpeg

)

I knew it was going to be too much lol…but I got the majority!!!

14 Likes

Hi everybody! Just stopping by to say

Hope everyone had a :wondersquadron1:onderful holiday! :hugs::heart:

Also…I don’t know if any of you know Carl the Christmas Yeti yet, :full_moon_with_face: but he was spotted…

15 Likes

Merry Christmas to you and yours! :christmas_tree:

13 Likes

Happy holidays! I like the sasquatch.

14 Likes

I meant to bring this yesterday but i fell asleep, lol Thanks, hope everyone had a nice holiday!

15 Likes

Read the second issue of Amazons Attack! Action is good but I really enjoy the humor

11 Likes

I would say this coming year is looking quite bright for Wonder Woman

13 Likes

I went to my LCS to pick up Amazon Attacks 3 last night but they said it didn’t release. Im going to headout to another store today to see if it’s there.

9 Likes

Good luck :four_leaf_clover:!!! Sounds amazing!!

8 Likes