Amazon Headquarters

I think the best way is to set it in the moderb day. Also, leave Steve Trevor behind

5 Likes

Looks like some confirmation that the Wonder Woman game is still in the works!

11 Likes

I am so excited for Monolith’s Wonder Woman game! :grin:

7 Likes

I think they should set it in the modern day and keep Chris Pine as Steve, but then again, I’ve become hooked on the idea of them adapting Greg Rucka’s comics in the DCU.

6 Likes

I hate to say that I have to agree. He was resurrected enough times in the comics but for me that doesn’t work as well in movies.

6 Likes

If Wonder Woman 3 can change parts of the lore due to the soft reboot, there’s no need for a resurrection story because Steve just wouldn’t have died in the first place. Chris Pine is fantastic as Steve and the WW/Steve romance is as important/iconic to the WW lore as Clark and Lois is in Superman.

10 Likes

Alright. You sold me on it (it was an easy sell). :grin:

6 Likes

I’ve never been one for fan-casting, and I still :100: want Gal (and Patty) back to finish what they started, so my heart is NOT ready to have this conversation! :hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil: But I will add this…

Just like Alexandra Daddario (and because we have a multiverse on our hands) she can play a version maybe or even another Amazon, but I’m having a hard time seeing Ms. Atwell as a flat out “replacement” for Gal.
Eventually we will have someone new, true, but all I know is they need to be larger than life—Effortlessly ALL the things. :woman_judge:t2: :balance_scale: To do any Wonder Woman correctly, that needs to be in the job description, as far as I’m concerned. Gal does that. Lynda did that (:crossed_fingers: Hope we can see her again as Asteria)—hell, Connie Nielson does that. That’s the gold standard (and part of why I like Alexandra Daddario and Ana De Armas as potential Amazons more) but :woman_shrugging:t2: that’s me.

Agree (and on adapting Greg Rucka). The beauty of a multiverse is we can have multiple actors playing these characters…which also means there’s ZERO reasons we can’t get Chris Pine back. He’s hands down the best Steve Trevor. :purple_heart:

Plus, Diana has exactly the kind of background and family w/ powers to bring him back in “logical” ways. Or there’s a universe where he never died. And he’s military, so there’s all sorts of places for him. (I’d take him as a replacement for :00_suicide_squad: Rick Flagg, for instance). Whatcha think, Steve?

(That’s what I thought) Tag him in, WBD!

Now here’s this: :coffee:

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/4941567/amazons-attack-1

13 Likes

Ps. Also wanted to drop these here in case anyone is/has/plans to read these: :00_hawkman1: :00_aquaman_rebirth:

:00_wonder_woman_gold: More on the NEW Amazons Attack:

9 Likes

(My face drops in horror as I have flashbacks to the original Amazons Attack comic)

6 Likes

I’m trying to stay positive- Like with many things, I’ll check it out and judge then. :crossed_fingers: Hoping it’s an improvement on the last. :purple_heart:

6 Likes

I think the problem with fan-casting is that they almost always go to the biggest known actors when in reality, if they were to recast Diana in the DCU, it will be a smaller actress who hasn’t been a big star yet, such as, you know, Gal Gadot or Lynda Carter.

And yeah, when I first saw the “Amazons Attack” headline, my immediate reaction was something like this:

But when I found out it was Josie Campbell writing a team-up with Yara, Nubia, and Mary Marvel, I was then immediately sold. I think if anything, the worry now is on the fact that it’s based on Tom King’s pitch for the main book and how the Amazons are now wanted fugitives in America, which…now that I think about it, I think that was a big part of the original Amazons Attack…

You know, it’s funny…I don’t think I remember much at all about the original Amazons Attack. I’m half tempted to read it again, if not just to find out if it’s really all that bad or if there’s any merit to it. Maybe for a future book club? :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

That’s where I’m at and didn’t explain very well to @EDT. No criticism of the suggestion was meant. Going with lesser knowns for main roles is usually what they do. More often than not it pays off, because there is more freedom.

This has me intrigued. I’m skeptical about the new Amazons Attack.

6 Likes

I agree with this. I’ve been learning about some of the other actors who have played Wonder Woman. Both Gal and Lynda did what you said “effortlessly larger than life”. :heavy_heart_exclamation: Powerful main-character vibes all day. These actors seem like they could do that too.

Some people knock Gal’s accent, but I think it makes her even more effective. It’s beautiful and it’s logical for a Greek woman who has been isolated on an island for thousands of years. I’d also like to see Chris Pine again. He has a special vibe all to himself.

(:face_in_clouds: I don’t know what Amazons Attack is, ps. Do I want to know? :rofl: Sounds like I don’t.)

10 Likes

Basically it was a Wonder Woman themed event that happened in 2007, with the basic idea being that Themyskira declares war on Man’s World. It’s not…fondly remembered, and I think the most memorable panel was this:

The name is being brought back for a mini-series starting up in October starring characters such as Queen Nubia, Wonder Girl/Yara Flor, Mary Marvel and more, about their dealing with a world that is after the Amazons after events that will take place in Tom King’s run on Wonder Woman.

7 Likes

I agree with you on basically everything here :grin: Gal Gadot is the best possible Wonder Woman for the main DCU timeline and their best course of action is to keep her for the long haul. Gal’s DCEU Wonder Woman movies will be overwritten so they should have everything set in the present day. Keep Chris Pine as Steve Trevor and establish that he never died in the first place.

7 Likes

Gal Gadot and Lynda Carter’s versions of Wonder Woman are simultaneously larger-than-life and down-to-Earth, which is an essential quality of Wonder Woman in the comics and a major reason why she resonates with so many people.

She’s the kind of person who can make a speech that rouses the nations of the world to work together for the common good and then ten minutes later be enjoying ice cream with Steve Trevor while talking about their weekend plans.

Wonder Woman is a force for positive change in the world with superlative fighting skills and strength on par with Superman but she’s also one of the most approachable and likeable heroes in DC’s pantheon. Lynda Carter and Gal Gadot get this quality perfectly and while they are not the only actresses who can play a truly authentic Wonder Woman, it’s just way too early to end Gal Gadot’s tenure in the role, especially considering how much she loves the role and how much general audiences love her in the role.

8 Likes

I like Amazons Attack. It was perfect, but I found it very enjoyable. Mileage may vary. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I wrote that without my glasses and couldn’t see the typos. Now I’m embarrassed. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

I liked Amazons Attack. It wasn’t perfect, but I found it very enjoyable. Mileage may vary. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Not sure if y’all heard, but now there are apparently conflicting reports about whether or not WW 3 is actually in development. I mean…come on people! Sure WW84 wasn’t what we expected, but people still want more of the character. It shouldn’t be this hard to get a straight answer

7 Likes