Amazon Headquarters

I’m interested…

Funny thing about Mike Mignola: So Wonder Woman met up with Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser in the Mod Diana period, possibly because DC was setting up a comic adaption with them in it, and Mike Mignola did an awesome graphic novel adaption of several of their tales. So there is a connection here, tenuous as it is.

Six degrees of Diana Prince going on here…

5 Likes

I am reading DC Showcase Presents/ Wonder Woman Vol 1 (issue 99 to be more specific). This is the second comic I have read from this book and I am loving it. The artwork is black and white but it looks great!!!

Not only that but it is great to see simpler stories that are one and done but still enjoyable. I have all 4 volumes of Showcase Presents for Wonder Woman and can’t wait to read more!!!

4 Likes

I really want June 10th to be canon in current Wonder Woman comics! In issue 106 she loses her powers on June 10th at 10:00 for 24 hours. I know @SteveTrevor2.0 has posted about this elsewhere on here. That story was a lot of fun as was the Young Diana story, which has been hit-and-miss for me.

4 Likes

Late night thoughts, I want Mer-boy to make his triumphant return in the pages of Young Diana! He is sort of annoying but such a great character for Diana to interact with.

5 Likes

Mer-boy and Bird-boy made Wonder Girl’s life complicated. It would actually be interesting to see them brought back.

4 Likes

There is a Bird-boy?!?! I can’t wait to see him! I have finished the first volume and will get back to volume 2 sometime this month. Oh, and I ordered the 60s omnibus!!!

4 Likes

Hey there, Amazon enthusiasts! Our February @WonderSquadron reading is up! Please join us! :wondersquadron2:

9 Likes

That could be fun – especially if her and Clark ever got into talking about their exes and they realize they both dated mermaids. :rofl:

I too have never heard of Bird Boy. The closest to that I heard of is Bird Brain from New Mutants, who I’m pretty sure would never be a romantic interest in a Wonder Woman story:

4 Likes

I remember that story arc. It’s been a while.

I am not surprised no one has heard of Bird Boy. He wasn’t around too much or for too long. It felt like he was introduced later on in the Silver Age as Kanigher was winding down.

3 Likes

Happy Valentine’s Day! :cupid: There’s a nice Diana/Steve story in this anthology if anyone is looking for a short V-Day read (pg 11):

9 Likes

Came across this early WW sketch.

“Dear Doctor Marston. I slapped these two out in a hurry. The eagle is tough to handle – when in perspective or in profile, he doesn’t show up clearly – the shoes look like a stenographer’s. I think the idea might be incorporated as a sort of Roman contraption (indicates filled in boot on left illustration). Peter.”

“Dear Pete – I think the gal with hand up is very cute. I like her skirt, legs, hair. Bracelets okay + boots (indicates filled in boot on left illustration). These probably will work out. See other suggestions enclosed. No on these (indicates open sandal on right illustration) + See suggestions enclosed for eagle + braziers I suggest may work better in curved or slanting stripes – red + white + With eagle’s wing above or below breasts as per enclosed? Leave it to you. Don’t we have to put a red stripe around her waist as belt? I thought Gaines wanted it – don’t remember. Circlet will have to go higher – more like crown – see suggestions enclosed. See you Wednesday morning – WMM.”

10 Likes

I love that illustration. Gorgeous!

7 Likes

Speaking of costume designs, it looks like Diana will be getting a new one soon, likely with the release of Wonder Woman #800 in June.

What do you guys think? I’m going to withhold full thoughts until I see the whole costume, but I’m not sure about the trunks and side armor look yet…

7 Likes

Agreed.

5 Likes

Hmm…this will take a little getting used to. My quick response is I prefer the post-Rebirth costume but maybe I’ll warm up to this one.

5 Likes

With her arm in front, can’t really see much of the front, but we will see it in its entirety soon, I think.

5 Likes

A little DCSHGs Diana for this wonderful Saturday afternoon. :smiley: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

9 Likes

Well, she’s worn a lot worse over the years! Looking forward to issue 800!

Oh, yeah. That’s the good stuff!

6 Likes

HUZZAH!

:00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

7 Likes

It’s definitely a good look! I just love the post-Rebirth outfit so much and I’m not ready to see it go! :joy:

5 Likes