Amazon Headquarters

Agreed on all counts! I just donโ€™t want to see blood and body parts flying everywhere while Iโ€™m playing. :see_no_evil: I kinda figured it would be more focused on fighting monsters? Something Zelda-ish? But I will certainly be interested to see whatever comes out! The fact of the matter is, we know next to nothing about this game. The Game Awards are coming up again soon, which is where the trailer was shown last year. Maybe weโ€™ll actually get some gameplay footage this year? Geoff Keighley does love his โ€œexclusivesโ€ and โ€œworld premieresโ€ at that event. :sweat_smile:

Let me know what you think! Iโ€™m about 45 minutes in and really enjoying it! :smile:

7 Likes

Thatโ€™s what Iโ€™m imagining too. I think theyโ€™re probably overstating. I canโ€™t imagine it being any worse than Injustice. :purple_heart: So far, so good btw! :headphones:

7 Likes

Greetings @WonderSquadron! :wondersquadron1: Hope youโ€™re all doing well. Just a quick announcement: :books: New reading activity is upโ€”join us for Halloween!

Or for a scavenger huntโ€ฆ

Also, Book 2 of Historia arrives this week 10/11). If you havenโ€™t had a chance to check it out and wish to discuss, stop by here:
https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/wonder-woman-historia-the-amazons-2-4-5-22-spoilers-ahead/3201995?u=razzzcat

11 Likes

Just wanted to drop some thoughts on Wonder Woman: Heartless since I finished listening to it. This was apparently released as a serialized podcast with episodes coming out last year, and has now been collected in audiobook format.

As far as I can tell, this does not follow a specific canon or timeline - which honestly I think is better for a standalone story like this. The authors set us up with everything we need to know (Barbara Minervaโ€™s origins and role in Dianaโ€™s life, how Diana has been living, backstory for the Greek gods when we get to them). The Crimson Avenger is not a character I had ever heard of, but again, the authors do a great job setting the listener up with enough information to understand her powers and role in this, as well.

I thought the story was good and the performance of the reader was solid. Maybe my favorite thing was hearing some of Dianaโ€™s inner thoughts, since Iโ€™m used to reading comics of her rather than books. Itโ€™s a unique delve into the character.

It doesnโ€™t seem like there are any more of these stories planned, which is a shame, since the authors definitely set the characters up for further adventures by the end. I would definitely love more of these to be recorded and would even be willing to buy the episodes as they come out. But even if this is all we get, Iโ€™m glad it exists. Definitely a very different Wonder Woman experience than any Iโ€™ve had before.

10 Likes

I havenโ€™t had a chance to come back to it (have visitors this week), but Iโ€™m happy to hear you liked it! :partying_face: I enjoyed what I did get through, of course, so Iโ€™m not surprised.

Ps. These are in the library now, too, which is awesome. :purple_heart:

12 Likes

OMG we have graphic novels in the DCUI library now?? This is awesome! Those books are both great, especially the Nubia one. Highly recommend checking both out. :world_of_wonder:

9 Likes

:smiley: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

7 Likes

I remember power puff girls. I should really watch that one of these days

8 Likes

Such a fun show- Bubbles was my fave. Along with Mojo Jojo. :smile:

8 Likes

I liked Real One too. Iโ€™m reading Thorns next, and a few other things Iโ€™ve been waiting on, but Iโ€™d like to try Warbringer soon.

I havenโ€™t seen this, but I know what My Little Pony is!

10 Likes

I was using League of Comic Geeks to see what my favorite author released recently, and this came up on top of the list:

Obviously thatโ€™s just a placeholder date, but I had no idea this was a thing he was working on! I hope this is real and not just a rumor. :pleading_face:

10 Likes

Sorry to say that while it was real, Rucka wound up dropping the project, citing a lack of ideas regarding the final product. Had it come out it would have been a Black Label title.
As I recall it was announced at the same time as Wonder Woman Historia

10 Likes

Also, could someone please post over in the villain encyclopedia? I hit the 20 post limit again

6 Likes

:sob:

8 Likes

Happy Wonder Woman Day!

9 Likes

Happy Wonder Woman Day, everyone! :tada:

Last year there were free comics but it doesnโ€™t seem like theyโ€™re doing anything this yearโ€ฆ

9 Likes

Oh sweet, Wonder Woman day ^^

9 Likes

Happy Wonder Woman Day!! :wondersquadron1: :purple_heart:

10 Likes

Ps. Looks like the script is ready, btw! :tada:

And hereโ€™s this Jen Bartel variant Iโ€™m fond of :smile:

13 Likes

I like Jen Bartelโ€™s art.

8 Likes