Amazon Headquarters

This is a great list! I really enjoyed that some of your selections weren’t characters that are very popular.

7 Likes

Thank you ^^
There have been a wild number of Amazons over the years between the different depictions of different eras to the different tribes and definitions of an Amazon. Theres plenty there to appreciate.

Golden age gave us multiple groups from the Limestone Girls, Planet Infanta, and the Amazons of China on top of a number of memorable one shot Amazons both heroic and villainous.

Bronze era gave us some fascinating inclusions such as Drusilla, Nubia, and Sofia Constantinas who rounded out their numbers with memorable individuals. As well as the ‘Amazons of the Amazon’ led by Atalanta.

Post crisis gave us that first taste of the Bana Mighdall and a number of Amazons living out in the world such as Mercy Graves, Hope, and Grace Choi.

and the modern era has added a number of new additions including a new tribe in the Esquecida on top of characters like Peng Deilan, Exoristos, and Maggie.

Theres so much to love about so many characters under the Amazon umbrella and alot to draw people in. ^^

8 Likes

I’m so glad you brought up her graphic novel from last year! It’s not in our library, but Nubia: Real One is so good and definitely worth a read.

7 Likes

Indeed its a real treat and an enthralling read ^^

Im also looking forward to seeing more Nubia in the future
diana and nubia

8 Likes

I didn’t know this was coming!!! OMG I loved Diana: Princess of the Amazons so much. I am ready for this, take my money DC Kids. :sob:

7 Likes

Coming out November 8th~

Solicit

Princess Nubia loves her mothers, their home on Themyscira, and all of her Amazon aunties. But she’s still lonely sometimes. It’s hard being the only kid on an island full of adults! She just wishes that things could be different.
And then, one morning, things are different. There’s a stranger sharing her bedroom…and the interloper Diana insists that it’s her room! And their parents think they’re both just being pests, they’ve always shared a room. What is happening?!
Could it be that wishing into Hera’s Ear on the night of the solstice worked? Will Nubia get to keep this strange new sister? Does she even want to?

8 Likes

This sounds amazing!

6 Likes

Yup~ im hoping the pair remain together by the end of the book because this is a fun thing to see

6 Likes

I do wish these YA GNs would get added here. They’re on Hoopla, but their comic reader is sub-par.

7 Likes

That would be nice, though I imagine the publishing end doesn’t want them to lose the revenue they get from print.

Maybe they can amend the rules so that OGNs come onto the DCUI library a year after publication instead of six months?

6 Likes

That would be wonderful. I’d even take a year and a half.

5 Likes

Hoopla?

6 Likes

Yup, it’s a free service from most local libraries. You can sign up and then access library materials (ebooks, movies, audiobooks/music, and comics) online or with their app.

6 Likes

Sad I have to wait till November, but happy that this will exist at all. Thanks for the info! :blush:

This is my monthly reminder that I really need to go renew my library card… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

In no particular order:

• Donna Troy, before she started wearing the sparkle suit.
  • Philippus, from Perez’s post-Crisis run
  • Hessia, from Odyssey of the Amazons

When it comes to Hippolyta, I am more interested in taking note of whether she is being depicted as blonde or brunette.

I am looking forward to getting to better know Yara and Nubia.

8 Likes

What’s wrong with the sparkle suit?

9 Likes

It is hard on my eye. I don’t really care for it.

6 Likes

Oooh. Good question.

Hippolyta is my favorite Amazon queen.

Paula von Gunther is my favorite Golden Age reformed Nazi-turned-Amazon.

Phillipus is my favorite second-in-command Amazon.

Artemis is my favorite Bana-Migdhall Amazon.

Menalippe is my favorite Amazon oracle.

Magala is my favorite Neanderthal Amazon.

Io is my favorite Amazon weapon-smith.

Maggie is my favorite waitress-turned-Amazon.

I haven’t read much Nubia or Yara, but that will change when the comics start hitting DCUI.

I like Donna and Cassie, although Donna mostly confuses me.

8 Likes

So hyped for this!!

9 Likes

I would have to say Artemis as well and Cassie Sandsmark Wonder girl. They were the first non- Wonder Woman amazons I read about when I first got into comics.

9 Likes