Amazon Headquarters

I was watching a demo on this w/ Wonder Woman last week! She looks like she’s going to be a really fun character in gameplay. :crossed_swords: :purple_heart: :wondersquadron1:

8 Likes

How much is the magic lasso incorporated into her moveset?

6 Likes
9 Likes

Ooo- I just watched this one. It’s super good!

Sasha W. = :raised_hands:

6 Likes

Name: Artemis
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #90 (1994)
Creators: William Messner-Loebs and Mike Deodato
Abilities: Amazonian super strength. Matchless archery skills. Peerless combat trainer. Enchanted hair which can never be damaged or dirtied. Possesses the sandals of Hermes granting flight, the gauntlets of Atlas granting X10 strength, the Bow of Ra which can fire bursts of sunlight, A rocket launcher, The magic lasso of Earth-3, a ten foot long claymore, a ten foot long bow, and a soul bound enchanted ten foot long axe named Mistress which always returns to her hand.

Backstory: Amazon of Ban-Mighdall. Artemis was a child when her people invaded the island of Themyscira and even then had spoken out against it, declaring Amazons should not fight one another.

A very martial figure with a strict code of honor, Artemis spent ten years battling demons in hell, growing up on the battlefield fighting for her life as those as close to her as family died alongside her. Treasuring her comrades and sparing no hesitation to bring death upon her enemies.

Her youth shaping her, Artemis would dedicate herself to the safty and well being of her people. Striving to ensure the Bana-Mighdall prospered and willing to do anything she could to achieve that. Even if it meant becoming Themysciras Wonder Woman or the Banas Shim’Tar.

Well regarded and respected for her prowess in battle, people would take pride in having been trained by Artemis regardless of the torture that this involved for people.

Though brash, arrogant, obnoxious, and overall possessing the qualities of a huge jerk, Artemis swore to aid those in need and protect the helpless.

In the Rebirth continuity, Artemis had been raised amongst the Bana in peaceful solitude. Choosing to leave the tribe and explore the world after the title of Shim’Tar was passed on to Akila instead of her, leading Artemis to travel the world in order to find her true purpose in life.

During which she would become a mercenary for hire, working for anyone with the right amount of money or having a cause worth championing. Along the way aquiring an axe by the name of ‘Mistress’ which was tied to her very soul.

Eventually returning to the Bana and becoming the Shim’Tar, the champion of the Bana-Mighdall, Artemis would fight to defend her people.

Additional images:

artemis 11

10 Likes

Heads up, @WonderSquadron - the July book club reading is up! Please join us as we learn more about Artemis and Cassie Sandsmark. :wondersquadron1:

9 Likes

Apologies for the delay @nuuninuunani! :purple_heart:

It’s hard to say :thinking: might depend on the player.

9 Likes

Ps. Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday weekend! :purple_heart:

7 Likes

6 Likes

Name: Gerta Von Gunther
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #3 (1942)
Creators: William Marston and H.G Peter
Abilities: Amazonian super strength and ability. Can deflect bullets with bracelets. Scientific genius.

Backstory: Daughter of Paula Von Gunther, Gerta was but a toddler when her father was murdered by nazi soldiers and she herself was imprisoned within a concentration camp in order to force Paula Von Gunthers cooperation with their war efforts.

Rescued by Wonder Woman, Gerta would be raised amongst the Amazons, learning their ways until her willfull nature began to show itself, leading to Paula leaving with Gerta to the outside world where she would be raised in America.

Growing up at Holliday college where Paula Von Gunther received a position as part of the universitys faculty, Gerta would grow up and over time develop an intense love of science. Striving above all else to discover and learn, Gerta would commit herself to creating incredible and seemingly impossible scientific feats for no better reason than BECAUSE SCIENCE! Not for one moment considering the possible dangers or ramifications to her endeavors.

Additional images:

gerta 7

8 Likes

I wanted to do a supporting character and a villain every day but gosh is it difficult to find time to do two of these a day when one has other stuff to do :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

We appreciate you whenever and however you have time to contribute! The important thing is you’re having fun doing it. :+1:

8 Likes

:expressionless:

Also by any chance would someone please post anything in the encyclopedia of villains? Apparently its barring me from making 20 posts in a row

7 Likes

I just posted in there. Hopefully you can post again.

8 Likes

Name: Kathra
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #7 (1943)
Creators: William Marston and H.G Peter
Abilities: Amazonian super strength and ability. The power of learning. Teaching.

Backstory: Amazon of Paradise Island. Kathra was a school teacher for the young Amazonettes which were born from clay and dwelled upon the isle.

Teaching them subjects such as trigonometry, geometry, and physics. The Amazon school teacher would ensure they would master the ‘basics’ early on in life so that they would be prepared for more difficult studies when they grew older.

Because the greatest power of all is having an education!

Additional image:

9 Likes

Out of curiosity, what are favorite runs people have?

8 Likes

My favorite:

This was where it all started. There is so much positive energy here. I just love the art and the message so much. Not sure why it clicked for me so much, but it did. Some parts are painful and uncomfortable, but I feel it is important to be uncomfortable sometimes so we don’t return to such times.

Also my favorite:

This is just sheer wacky fun. Love the impossible adventures. Wonder Tot is pretty hilarious. I love how her own mother calls her “Wonder Tot.” 10/10 entertainment value there.

Another of my favorites:

I know a lot of people didn’t enjoy this run, but it was a great read for me. And Diana adventured with Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser. Like, what was even happening? I don’t care because I loved it!

And how could I forget this favorite:

This is what brought Diana to the modern world and established her backstory (well, until they changed it all again). Great characters and stories. Really brought Themyscira to life and such Amazon favorites as Phillipus.

I like the modern stuff as well after Perez, but this earlier stuff is my favorite. Some modern writers brought some awesome stories to the table. Most brought great stuff to the table. Some brought questionable stuff, but it is all good.

I don’t mind how the character is different in each version. I don’t mind mini-reboot after mini-reboot. Each of them is Diana, and that’s what matters.

Also, I own too many Wonder Woman omnibuses for someone who can just read them all online, but that’s another issue altogether. :rofl:

8 Likes
  • I like what Perez did with the Amazons and the Olympians. And the abilities the gods granted her; unity with the beasts, in particular.
  • I like the weird Olympians, but I am not so keen on Zeus being Diana’s father. I am not sure which run, but I am pretty sure I am not mixing things up. please correct me if I am wrong.
  • I still have more to discover when it comes Wonder Woman

But that started before you can read them all online. or no?

8 Likes

6 Likes

My favorite run of the main Wonder Woman title is Greg Rucka’s Rebirth. I also like Shea Fontana’s Rebirth issues that followed, and Rucka’s original early 2000’s run.

But many of my other favorites are not part of the core series at all. For example, Bombshells and Smallville: Olympus are among my best-loved and most-reread Diana stories.

I also really love the anthologies, like Agent of Peace and Black and Gold. These may be my very favorite ways to read Wonder Woman because you don’t have to worry about which timeline or version of events we’re in right now - just enjoy self-contained adventures that encapsulate what makes Diana so wonderful.

And don’t worry, @SteveTrevor2.0, I also like to have all my favorite stories in physical volumes even though I can access them online. :sweat_smile:

I really want to read my way through all of these again now… :world_of_wonder:

8 Likes