Amanda Waller Is the Worst DC Character of All Time

She is absolutely useless, just shows up, acts like an ass and messes everything up. Then when her plan Inevitably goes to ■■■■ because she is way out of her depth, she’s gets all huffy an arrogant and leaves. I hate her character in everything I have seen her in. image

4 Likes

I would disagree to the extent that she’s a terrible human being, but a useful character for screwing things up and being horrible.

7 Likes

I agree @msgtv . She is a bad person that I hate seeing but from a story perspective she can help push a narrative. Usually she is the cause of a fun story.

6 Likes

who else could wrangle all the supervillains she does through sheer force of personality, and i guess bombs? she’s a bureaucrat who’s won the respect of assassins and madmen! witches and shark people!

6 Likes

What about Justice League Unlimited and in the comics? After all of the ■■■■ with Cadmus, she began to work to redeem herself, even going as far as to earn Batman’s respect, to the point where she couldn’t fathom the idea of a world without Batman. Hell, without her, none of the good things from Batman Beyond (Terry avenging his dad, Ten managing to redeem herself, Bruce becoming less lonely and secluded, and Terry stopping Starro and the mind-controlled Justice League, just to name a few) would never have happened, so she technically saved the world.

4 Likes

I’m going to guess the OP hasn’t read the 1987 Suicide Squad volume. Under creator John Ostrander, Waller is a truly compelling character.

6 Likes

Agreed. The original Suucide Squad book is Waller at her best. Everything she has been in comic-wise since have really simplified and dumbed her down

5 Likes

6 Likes

I always liked Amanda Waller when she bounced off Maxwell Lord. They both were leaders of two powerful teams and could never agree on anything. Yet both had a strange sense of respect for each other.

But more importantly if you want to read how complex Amanda Waller really was. You definitely should check out this issue.

4 Likes

Yeah; I agree she as a character isn’t needed. She is either just a spark to set a story into motion or a complete bore. I think it would interesting if Batman being the detective he is, built a case against her for putting together the Suicide Squad, and other shinanigans, and turned that evidence over to Lois Lane for her to build a story on, to expose what Waller and the Government as done, which ultimately leads to those people in the government risking being exposed if they don’t stop an retire or leave their positions, and in turn leave their fates in the hands of the judicial system while Waller is put to rest, being convicted of the crimes against her, discredited forever, and having to serve time in a federal prison, where after her release no one cares what she does because she no longer has any pull to do anything but go away and worry about putting food on the table. The story can incorporate how Batman goes about gathering the information, maybe some threats between him and Waller, and how Batman prevents her from exposing his identity and what ever, the rest of the Justice League could be involved in various ways or it could just be a Batman VS Waller story, where Batman at some points drops off a giant file on the desk of Lois Lane, and the story shifts to the inevitable problems that cause for Lois and Clark… Maybe it becomes a World’s Finest Story?
Either way, Waller is done; because DC really isn’t getting anything substantial from her, Kiteman as a character does better than she does.

As for continuing Suicide Squad, they can carry on as freelancers in their own continuing story line.

3 Likes

Exactly. I hate modern day Waller, Ostrander is the only one that got her right in my book.

3 Likes

Okay, Captain America.

2 Likes

Who?

2 Likes

@BatMike-ThePunisher @MatthewHecht

Never heard of the guy.

Poser!

3 Likes

So he is a Skyman poser.

2 Likes

I mean… I wouldn’t say she’s necessarily the worst, but I think that anytime she shows up you definitely know that the story is going towards Suicide Squad/Task Force X and/or Cadmas Labs direction, which I can see being redundant if you aren’t actively looking for those kinds of stories. I have a similar feeling towards Darkseid, I know that it’s going toward Antilife Equation and Apocalypse direction when he shows up, which I’m kinda over it myself. But what do I know?

3 Likes