Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti return to Harley Quinn (with the Birds of Prey) in 2/20

Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner will write with Paul Monts drawing the “Harley Quinn & The Birds of Prey” four-part mini-series for Black Label starting in February 2020. No details known other than it will involve Harley, Black Canary, Huntress, Cassandra Cain, and Renee Montoya.

To be clear, it sounds like this is going to be separate from the Birds of Prey Black Label book that Brian Azzarello is writing.

My thoughts? …A little surprising, but as someone who’s enjoyed the Palmiotti/Conner run, I’m in for more of their stuff.

3 Likes

Oh boy, oh boy, which do I read? Azzarello’s or C/P? Decisions, decisions.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize it when I first read this, but this is saying that Amanda Conner will be co-writing and drawing the book! I think this is the firs time doing interiors for a full book since…Silk Spectre? That’s HUGE, and that alone makes me way more excited for this book.

3 Likes

Meh.

4 Likes

Amanda Conner doing interiors!!! She’s GOAT level.

I’m looking forward to this. For many years I dismissed the Conner/Palmiotti run on Harley Quinn. As much as I’ve loved the character, and those creators, every time I checked out the book it just wasn’t for me. But now thanks to this service I’ve gone back and read much of the run and I quite enjoy it. Conner and Palmiotti’s handling of Harley really improves as the series goes on. And seriously, it’s just straight up FUN. It’s zany goodness.

I’m back to being a Harley Stan.

2 Likes

I am beyond excited about this. I love Conner and Palmiotti’s Harley Quinn run. Some great stuff, they can come back to do Harley Quinn any time they want to. And I am definitely going to be in the store buying a copy when it comes out.