Am I too much of a Superman Stan or Fan?

I have always loved the Man of Steel ever since when I was really little boy it was Superfriends as much as my Mom let me. I recently told my wife I want a white Labrador to call my own and name it Krypto. Superman dog tag and all. Just a little more about me my user name is Jsmsiggy ( J for my name Jacob S&M for SuperMan Siggy for my last name) . Since you know about my obsession let me know yours. Which hero do you just geek all the way out for.

7 Likes

I’m a huge Nightwing fan I wore a Nightwing shirt under my tux for my wedding lol

7 Likes

Suuuupes!

If you search for my posts around this forum, you will start seeing a pattern :joy:. I have a good size action figure and statue collection to show for it too!

5 Likes

No such thing as being too much of a fan of superman.

7 Likes

Having a Krypto dog is now my life’s ambition

2 Likes

@msgtv your welcome and it’s mine too just need more land to have a krypto dog run around at super speed. I used to watch the Krypto Cartoon with my son when he was little that’s how invested I was. Lol this makes me think of a new question. A new question will be coming up right after a word from the sponsor I’m paying. Do you like DC Comics get the DCU APP it’s better than drugs and almost as addicting. NotresponabileforfailedmarriageslossofworkorhomegoingintoForeclosure

4 Likes

I’m a fan of the females. Obviously Zatanna. I love Huntress & WW is the reason I’ve been a DC fan since Super Friends. I owe my DC love to WW but I probably geek out the most over Zatanna. Every time she appears in a comic or show/toon I get really enthusiastic. Only have Smallville so far for live action but it was a great moment. Hoping they’ll be plenty more soon. Also, my list is endless for females I’ll geek out over. The males, the mains I’m so used to I love em but it’s kinda old hat by now. The ones that excite me when appearances are made are the lesser used ones. A lot of JSA & Kirby creations.

4 Likes

I don’t know much about zatanna but she is a character I love seeing as well. I liked her in the young justice show especially.

3 Likes

Mini question I don’t think it’s 100 percent Superman without the yellow S on the cape. Give me your thoughts.

3 Likes

Yes to the S.

He’s still Superman without it though. The man makes the S, not the other way around :wink:

3 Likes

The “S” apparently stands for “Stan.”

By the way, show of hands: how many of y’all know where that term came from? I know; I just wanna know if anyone else does.

3 Likes

Have no clue what this Stan business is. Please do explain :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@jsmsiggy My favorite character is the Warlord, hence my name. I love how he is a human character reacting to an unbelievable world of dinosaurs, super science, sorcery, and barbarians. How he was enslaved and lead a rebellion for freedom for all. And how he appreciates his life because he has been in the line of fire.

2 Likes

I believe in equal geekiness. So everyone gets equal amounts of my geekiness.

2 Likes

@SuperBatDanLantern best rapper around named after a candy I think M&M something like that .

1 Like

@TravisMorgan I might not be 100 percent correct but I do believe they show him some love in the new Young Justice books !

1 Like

“Stan” was originally the name of a song by Eminem from his second album; the song told the story of Stan, an obsessed Eminem fanatic (the character was based on the loonier members of Eminem’s real-life fan base) who became a homicidal maniac because his favorite rapper wouldn’t respond to his fan letters. As a result of the song’s popularity (it’s often hailed as one of Eminem’s greatest songs), the name “Stan” has become memetically associated with crazy and obsessed fans, often used in a deliberately self-deprecating manner. Hope that sums it up.

3 Likes

@SuperBatDanLantern I remember that song, but would not have thought to ever make the connection. Thanks!

2 Likes

@SuperBatDanLantern I’m not crazy for loving a fictional Alien from a fictional planet and I never not wished that the yellow son would give me powers. The only the thing the sun could give me is possibly cancer ; and radiation doesn’t give powers either. So thanks for killing my crazy dreams of Being Superman. Not really jk please laugh at the dark twisted sense of humor I have . Lol and any other laughing Acronyms

1 Like

If I couldn’t laugh at dark humor, I wouldn’t be an Eminem fan.
“I just drank a fifth of vodka! You dare me to drive?”

1 Like