Am I the only person who likes Scott Lobdell?

I was watching a comic review for Red Hood and the Outlaws (as I do) and I saw a lot of people giving Scott Lobdell’s writing hate. Am I the only person that likes him? What do y’all think?

7 Likes

He redeemed Jason Todd. That makes me like him.

2 Likes

Here is a video on Red Hood Rebirth Comicstorian did that seems most people are positive in the comments.

3 Likes

Yay thank you

1 Like

I love it & tbh I was never super into Red Hood. Now I love him b/c of that comic. I never disliked him, I was just neutral (Red Hood that is) after those comics I recommend em’ all the time.

2 Likes

Here is to hoping after his initial Red Hood Revenge story they do in live action he mellows out like he is now

2 Likes

Under the Red Hood also made me love him more. Great animated movie, comic of the same name I love too.

3 Likes

I list Lobdell as one of the best Superman writers of all time. Red Hood and the Outlaws is honestly 3 stars. People probably thought his writing was greasy but I know there’s way more greasier people writing comics.

2 Likes

He’s written some weird, convoluted stuff in the past (for example, just try to make sense of Superboy during the New 52), but I think his Red Hood is some of the best writing of his career, and his Superman had more good moments than bad.

3 Likes

Last I heard, he has many friends…

1 Like

I like him fine.

In addition to his myriad of DC work, I was a fan of his work on the X-Men franchise as well.

3 Likes

He’s never been a name that’s caused me to buy a comic, but I’ve never read any of his stuff that I didn’t like. No hate from me.

2 Likes

I’ll try his X-men. Did you change your profile pic? I like it! :+1:

1 Like

Indeed I did change my avatar, @JasonToddGod.

It was previously Helspont, a Wildstorm Universe heavyweight villain (check out WildC.A.T.S (1992) in our library to see him in action), and is now Superman as rendered by Ed Benes from the cover of Superman (1987-2006) #218, which is also available in our library.

Thanks for the compliment. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like

I just went on a Wildstorm tour for a few months straight. It’s so great. Plus it opened up an entire new world for me. Love the X-ray beams avatar too. Looks like that Supes could warm up my soup.

1 Like

I admit he has made some mistakes but I love what he is doing with red Hood and the outlaws. It’s the only good series with the batboys in it.
Dick being ric is stupid
Tim is deciding to change his codename to drake is ridiculous
And damian isn’t being written by tomasi or Gleason so naturally character development is non existent.
Now that bizarro and Artemis are back im enjoying this series more than ever

1 Like

Scott Lobdell has written one good comic. The Rebirth Red Hood and the Outlaws. Everything else he’s done is abjectly terrible, IMHO.

It’s the strangest thing: I’m not a fan of his comic book work in the slightest… but he’s a fairly good screenwriter. You know those Happy Death Day movies? He wrote those.

That being said about his comic book work, I really am digging his six-issue Flash Forward mini. Though what necessitated that mini was so odious and foul that anyone trying to salvage it is an automatic and welcome improvement, Lobdell included.

1 Like

Rebirth Red Hood is good. I loved Generation X growing up. I thought New 52 Red Hood was deplorable. He’s all over the place. He seems to do better when he’s not writing multiple titles.

1 Like

His whole run on Red Hood since Rebirth started has been amazing, one of the best books of the series, right up until Lex’s offer. I wasn’t as interested in the book once it came down to him and the pupils he was training. It has only been the stuff that was on the side with Artemis and Bizarro returning that has kept my attention. I hope this book gets back on top form for me once this is done and dusted.

1 Like