Am I the only one???

Am I the only one who is not a fan of the latest season of Young Justice? Personally, it just doesnt feel the same as season 1 and 2. Between Beast Boy being a super serious activist character and halo being confused by her gender; it becomes a distraction and takes away from the overall arc of the story. For me, this season is mediocre at best.

6 Likes

the quality is way below season 1 and 2. There is more talking than action. It is more cheesy and the new co writers are not as good as the main writer and executive producers. There is still some spark there hopefully they fix it by Season 04.

2 Likes

the quality is way below season 1 and 2. There is more talking than action. It is more cheesy and the new co writers are not as good as the main writer and executive producers. There is still some spark there hopefully they fix it by Season 04.

Halo got slapped with a kiss… wasnt really necessary. But what u gonna do when that kinda thing is in all our TV now? Its getting kinda annoying. But I guess were going to have to deal with it

2 Likes

Not as good as the first two seasons for sure but I’ve been on board with the new season thus far. But that whole kiss scene was ridiculous and did nothing to move the story forward. Harper was just like “hey its cool to be unfaithful and disrespect your partner and their trust!” and if your not ok with it your homophobic and a bigot. Good message YJ. I have not minded any of the virtue signaling so far but that was not cool in my book.

2 Likes

The writing isn’t as strong as it used to be. I’ll give the first half of this season credit, but this second half hasn’t been as good. It has a different tone.

Another thing that might be contributing it is, unlike the last two seasons, we don’t have a strong central villain. The first season we had The Light. Last season we have The Reach. This season we’ve gotten hints of metahuman traffickers and maybe Granny Goodness, but it’s so scattered. You feel like the team is just moving from vignette to vignette.

It’s all so unfocused.

3 Likes

The kiss will probably be explored more later, along with Gabrielle causing the deaths, I’m guessing. I think they go this route to create tension between Brion and Halo

1 Like

Just give us a 45 min episode with Darkseid beating the snot out of everyone

1 Like

I really enjoyed the first half of the season though I wouldn’t necessarily say it was as good as the first two seasons. Close.

The first episode back after the mid season break was a train wreck. Almost Nothing happened plot wise and the writing and voice acting were literal cringe. Haven’t watched another episode yet. It also seemed like worse animation. Hoping that’s a fluke and not the new normal.

1 Like

Oh for Pete’s sake, they had Halo and Harper kiss too? What the crap?

Tell you what, media writers. Why don’t you just dedicate an episode of every season of every show to waving rainbow flags around so people can see how woke you are?

6 Likes

@Batwatch the kiss was because halo was doing bad stuff because SPOILERS she found out she was about to die so she started rebelling, I’m guessing they would use that and the Gabrielle situation to create drama

I think Beast Boy’s personality shift makes total sense. I think what he saw while under the influence of the Good Goggles had a profound effect on Gar. It made him reexamine his life and realize that he really hasn’t had all that much of a say in it. First his mom is killed by Queen Bee then he gets taken in by Rita and the Doom Patrol only for them to get killed as well. After that he gets taken in by the team where he can be his only true family Miss Martian just for Mento to rip him away from that. Then he starts following in his mother’s footsteps by acting which he thinks is what will make him happy. But not only does he become unsatisfied by that but a woman who he thought he could trust turned out to be not just a villain but part of the same cabal that is in one way or another is responsible for almost every bad thing in his life. He’s just sick of playing the Light’s game.