Am I the only one who never liked Batman?

It took me along time to like Batman.

I try to minimize my Batman. I enjoy him in solo or Batfamily material. I enjoy him with Superman, Wonder Woman and the characters from the League. I like the fact that heā€™s a more grounded character. No powers. Just brains and muscle, with a lot of money and motivation. But itā€™s when heā€™s pulled outside his element that makes him not as interesting. For instanceā€¦Batman and TMNT? Really? Is this necessary?

You must have not watched bas as a kid.

There are a multitude of superheroes to choose from. ā€œBut thatā€™s why ice cream stores donā€™t just sell chocolate and vanilla. Every once in awhile, someone walks in and orders butter pecan." - Identity Crisis #1 (Elongated Man)

1 Like

The cool thing about DC is that it often has different versions of the same characterā€¦

Original Batman too dark for you? Try Lego Batman and bring out your inner child.

Batman too new for you? Try 66 Batman and get nostalgic vibes.

Still not the right era? Try Gotham By Gaslight and get transported to the victorian setting!

Whatā€™s that? You want an evil Batman? Check out Dark Knights DC Metal and get all Heavy Metal Fakk

Something futuristic, you say? We got ya covered, Batman Beyond!

And many moreā€¦

At this point itā€™s hard to believe that this isnā€™t a Batman for everyone.

4 Likes

@csidet1971

I agree that crossovers like ā€œBatman vs TMNTā€ may not be necessary but itā€™s fun. For people like me who are fans of both franchises or even grew up with both, we could never say no to such things.

Also, letā€™s just say Shreddar fits really well within the Gotham setting since he is alot like Raā€™s Al Ghul and the Foot Clan is very similar to the League Of Assassins in alot if ways. So nothing feels out of place really.

April Oā€™Neil and Vicky Vale would get along too I imagine :stuck_out_tongue:

I imagine it will be just as entertaining as Batman vs Dracula, wich surprised the heck outta me - in a good way.

1 Like

I totally hear you on this. I grew up with batman EVERYTHING!! I loved him more than real people I knew lol. That being said I have been getting fed up with all the batman stuff. Just feels forced down my throat at this point. His not even my favorite anymore due to the fact of the way heā€™s been handled in the DCEU and all this extra content on his every few weeks. And honestly this 80th anniversary couldnā€™t have come at worst time for me because like I said it feels crazy forced so of corse they donā€™t miss any opportunities to Jam Batman content in your face.

80th anniversary is a big deal. Shouldnā€™t have to miss that opportunity. It wasnā€™t shoved in anyone faves but just rightfully focused a bit on the site

2 Likes

Damien and Jason are the worst. Theyā€™re the edgiest edgelords that ever edged and complete mary sueā€™s. Iā€™ve read some boring Batbooks in my time, but not many.

3 Likes

Sounds like a Punisher fan to me.