All-Time Favorite Comics Series or Run

I’d probably narrow it down further to from around 1993 to 1995. It went a bit off the rails after the Bizarro’s World event.

1 Like

New Gods. 4th world Kirby was a genius way ahead of his time.

5 Likes

I love all of the triangle Superman stuff. Especially Power Struggle and Superman Blue.

2 Likes

Currently I’m enjoying the Griffen/DeMatteis run on Justice League from the late 80’s-early 90’s. (Helped by the fact that I listen to the Fire and Water Network’s Justice League International Bwah Ha ha Podcast)

The JLI has always been my favorite incarnation of the League.recent events (cough* Heroes in Crisis*cough!) have made me go back and reread some of those old stories…
somehow the words "Bialya, My Bialy"a suddenly come into mind when examining who’s involved in this story as it unfolds.

1 Like

Cary Bates & Dave Cockrum/Mike Grell Superboy & the Legion of Super-Heroes

Scott Snyder & Greg Capullio Batman

Marv Wolfman & George Perez New Teen Titans

Len Wein & Dick Dillin Justice League of America

Geoff Johns & Ivan Reis Aquaman

Jerry Ordway &Pete ? Power of Shazam

Jon Ostrander & Tom Mandrake Spectre

Anything drawn by Jim Aparo, Mike Parobeck, Neal Adams, Dick Dillin, Irv Novick, Gil Kane, Murphy Anderson, Curt Swan, Jim Lee, Jack Kirby and Jerry Ordway.

1 Like

Pete2 your list is awesome and the only other things that come to mind for me would be;
Justice League; Brad Meltzer into Dwayne McDuffie’s
Wonder Woman; Phil Jimenez
Wonder Woman; Greg Rucka’s first run
Birds of Prey; Gail Simone & Ivan Reis

I finally

Morrison’s Doom Patrol and All Star Superman. Scott Snyder’s Batman. Moore’s Swamp Thing. Some of my favorites from DC.

1 Like

If I only get to pick one, then nothing beats Neil Gaiman’s Sandman.

1 Like

I think the best time I ever had with comics- the one time I really was running to my LCS on Wednesday to get it fresh- was when Garth Ennis Hitman and Preacher were coming out, along with James Robinson’s Starman. I’ve never been quite so excited about comics, before or since.
That said, Ostranders run on Suicide Squad has stayed shockingly fresh, innovative, and fun. One of the few series I can re-read on a regular basis.