All Things Flash!

So now that issue #800 is out, which cover did you get? Or were some of you like me and went ahead and ordered one of each? :upside_down_face:

There are more but I could not get some of the incentive ones. I did get 9 in all? But now I cant find one of them. That’s what happens sometimes when you have a bunch of comics and you are in the middle of packing :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Share those incentives if any of you were lucky enough to get them! :00_flash:

5 Likes

Thank you. You can find that on line, but I found it at one of the larger Target’s in town (the ones large enough to have furniture, etc. on actual display, for example). You can also order it on line. Bezolandia should have it but the specialty retailors that also offer flat rate delivery options (like Big Bad Toy Stores) or free delivery (if you order enough stuff, like Entertainment Earth) will also have it for sale.

Depending on where you live, Walmart should have it, I’m in LA County near the ocean, which is great, but obviously land here is absurdly expensive so the nearest big boy retailers to me are the rare Costco because it’s been there forever, but things like Home Depot are a schlep and the nearest Walmart, with traffic, is literally like an hour away. So they exist in my county, but are not realistic option, especially if all I’m looking for is a TOY!

2 Likes

I couldn’t justify buying more than two, but that’s more than I usually let myself get! I loved this run and this issue so much that I bought the main cover and the beautiful Manapul foil variant too - I was most tempted by the Di Meo and Schmidt variants if I’d gone further, but restrained myself. It’s such a great issue! Simultaneously so happy and sad that it’s finally here.

2 Likes

I always wonder. Back in the Pre-Crisis days Barry was quite the collector himself.
Nowadays (since Flash Rebirth) Barry’s adult comic collecting hasn’t been shown much. (They reference his childhood fandom s few times)
How would Barry deal with the modern comic publishing landscape? Would he have switched over to digital platforms? Does he keep his old hoard in a special “vault” in the Flash museum? Does he still pick up physical copies and if so are they all new or just back issues from series he missed out on?

4 Likes

Now he is one of those guys who just reads about comics on Wikipedia and pretends he understands them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I believe the archivist at the Flash Museum makes sure Barry and Wally never miss physical issue. Keeping the subscriptions up to date as well as tracking down all those issues from those alternate universes would pretty much be a full time job. :00_flash:

2 Likes

Well I figured that after the trial, when Barry was retiring to the future with the resurrected Iris, he would have stored them in the museum so that they’d be there in the 30th century waiting for him.

3 Likes

My favorite cover is the bottom middle with the three Flashes. I also like the cover with Linda zooming around him.

What did you think of the stories? Overall, I liked most of the stories, but I had been expecting more Wally in a Celebration of Wally West titled issue. As for the new direction, the story intrigues me, but how the relationship was portrayed was a big turn off and honestly could kill the book for me. I still plan to give it a chance on here though.

3 Likes

I LOVED the Adams story. A perfect little gem of a story. The Waid story was quite fun, I didn’t really dig the Johns story (too dark for me), the Williamson story was very sweet, and the new story was well done, but I still am not interested in the new direction or team at all.

3 Likes

Hello everyone how are you doing today? For todays topic we will talk about who would win in a fight shazam or flash? I think flash change my mind.

3 Likes

Shazam is the power of superman + flashes lightning throw.

2 Likes

But flash has his super punches that can hurt superman and is way faster than shazam. Also shazam is still a kid flash could find a way to get him to say shazam and flash can do a vibrating punch and hurt him so I think the fight would be over in a flash. And flash would be on top. :flash_hv_1:

1 Like

Todays topic is who is faster quicksilver from x men apocalypse or flash from his tv series?

1 Like

I think quicksilver is faster than flash because I did the math and quicksilver in x men apocalypse is 4 times faster than flash in his tv series but flash in the tv series is very nerfed.

1 Like

Yeah, I do think the psuedo stop time effect and attitude Quicksilver has in the movie conveys a faster speed than the Flash tv show, at least from what I remember. In comics, I would totally say the Flash is faster though!

2 Likes

Same here

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

I think the Power of Mercury is not to be cast upon with aspirations, but if we accept that Wally and Barry (etc.) are faster than Clark (and other Kryptonians), then I think we accept that Speed Force trumps the power of even “Old Gods” - one of the problems with SHAZAM is that it’s not a collection of actual gods but confused historical figures, and that it’s become accepted that it’s essentially magic and a writer can make magic mean whatever they want (which, in point of fact, you can treat the Speed Force as a form of scientific magic, or comic book science, if you will).

tl;dr - Flash would win.

I think Gustin could beat Foxmen Quicksilver, definitely MCU Quicksilver, but it depends when in the DCW’s career we’re talking. First or probably even second/third seasons, no.

3 Likes

Well, today is Linda Park’s birthday!

I hope Wally got her something nice!

5 Likes

Darn right! Though I’m surprised to see her as an astronaut :slight_smile:

3 Likes