All Things Flash!

Same. I really hope we get an omni in a year or two. Though I have the whole run already. I wonder if I can justify getting an omni… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So… the only omnis I own are for runs I already mostly have. That means I like it enough to justify the omni! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I have a difficult time double-buying even runs I really love. If DC ever publishes a Batgirl: Stephanie Brown omni, that will be the one I will double-buy without hesitation!

3 Likes

I started doing a re-read of the Silver Age The Flash adventures from the Julius Schwartz reboot. I had forgotten that Murphy Anderson inked some of Infantino’s pencils and I’ve really been enjoying some of these early comic book science explanations like the compressed air jets from holes in James Jesse’s shoes.

I picked up the DC Archive editions at my library because I wanted physical books to read so I finished the first two volumes and decided to keep reading since I own Vol. 1-3 of the digital editions of the more Silver Age collected editions but I hate reading on my phone and the iBook reader isn’t kind to comic books (I read them with a different reader on my iPad but I’m not lugging that around town while I do errands), so I will probably get that far, or about six editions of the DC Archives if they had continued them.

It makes me curious to read the entire thing once it collected since I have no idea what the references are.

I’ve generally been enjoying the back-ups I’ve come across, which I’ll admit isn’t all of them. I know, for example, people have been hating the Paige backup but I liked it and similarly the Dick and Jon play CSI's at the Circus backup. So your suggestion would be a welcome one. Someone should @ Marie!

3 Likes

So, all the Flash 800 previews (DC Previews the Extra-Size The Flash #800 | DC) show that Adams is just writing a 10 page story - likely all five of the stories are 10 page stories, meaning it’s a 50 page special (pretty nice size), so 798 is the first part of a two part final arc of this lovely run. While I still really don’t like Pasarin’s art, I really liked the second artist, and I am happy and sad to see everything running to the finish line (all puns intended). The tantalizing glimpses of Gold Beetle, the Terrifics, and so many other characters and relationships that Adams has written so well - it’s so much. And not enough. As the best comics always are.

6 Likes

I cant wait to see all those covers too! It looks to be a pretty awesome issue. I put in an order at my local comic shop for one of each cover.

4 Likes

Welcome back to the community @flashlites! Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything. :flash_hv_1:

3 Likes

Thank you! Work and life has been keeping me busy. But I love it here. I will have to get caught up on all the latest. Well Flash Fans, it looks as though this movie will really come out after all?! There were some dark days though right? I think the original release was due sometime in 2020? Old Flash fans like me have been waiting a long time. There was a time after the 89 Batman movie that we thought Flash would be next way back then! There have been rumors of scripts and pre production of various projects over the last 20 years. Then we got a taste in Dawn of Justice and a movie seemed right around the corner. But that was 2016! So happy its finally happening! I just wished they were doing Flashpoint with the awesome and talented Momoa and Gadot! Wouldn’t that have been amazing!? Still I can’t wait to see Keaton and all the rest. The previews look wonderful! :00_flash:

3 Likes

Welcome back and yeah, generally, I love the anniversary variants. The Wonder Woman’s were great, as was the Robin special (especially Scott’s Nightwings) and those for Superman, so it will be nice to see, I’m sure, a Scott take on either the Flash family or a collection of Wally(s)/Barry(s) or whatever she ends up doing similarly, as well as the other takes people do for variants.

3 Likes

Hey, so I was considering getting into some Flash comics. I was gonna start with the 6 issue mini-series by Geoff Johns called “The Flash: Rebirth”. But after that, can I just dive right into the Rebirth/current ongoing? Are there other titles I should check out?

4 Likes

Have you read Flash comics before? If not, you are going to be a bit confused if you start with The Flash: Rebirth. That was sort of the culmination of a bunch of storylines, if I remember right.

The current ongoing by Jeremy Adams is fantastic. Joshua Williams Rebirth run was great too. I really enjoyed the New 52 run by Francis Manapul. Honestly, anywhere from the New 52 on is a great jumping on point, in my opinion.

Are you interested in reading more about Barry or Wally? Or do you not care?

3 Likes

I think Jay Garrick is the one I’ve read the most about due to my love for the JSA. Aside from that, I’ve read Flashpoint, Justice League: Origin (New 52 opening arc), Darkseid War, Flash Forward, Heroes in Crisis (which was trash and even I could tell hugely disrespectful to Wally with a fundamental misunderstanding of how the Speed Force works), Snyder’s Justice League run and both Metal events.

Outside of comics, I watched most of the CW show. Long story short, I think I have a decent foundation of The Flash mythos. And honestly, I’m not jumping at the bit to read the New 52 series. I have A LOT of criticism of the New 52 in general

2 Likes

I’d say starting with the current (but sadly soon ending) run of Flash with issue #768 is a great idea!

3 Likes

Ah, ok. Then the current run or the Rebirth run would be the way to go for you. The current run has Wally as the Flash and the Rebirth run has Barry. If that makes any difference for you.

And what I meant earlier was, that New 52 and forward for any Flash comics is a good place to start. New 52 was rough for certain characters, but in my biased opinion, Flash wasn’t one of them. But I won’t tell you to read something from an era you don’t want to read.

The current run is easily the best Flash run in a while. I’m still upset it is ending soon.

4 Likes

I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about it. Are they launching a new ongoing with a new #1 issue anytime soon?

3 Likes

I know a new writer is coming in but I’m not sure if it will be a new #1. But it will be a new writer/artist and arc. So a good starting point for people wanting to jump on.

2 Likes

If you want, you could probably blame the writer change on Barry. Everyone who watches the CW show blames him whenever things take a nosedive :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, after issue 800 next month, there will be a filler arc during Knight Terrors by a different team, then Si Spurrier and Mike Deodato Jr. are taking over with a new #1 (legacy 801, but that will be a small number, apparently) in September. Spurrier will have a short story as part of 800 to tease what’s coming.

4 Likes

Finally started with Rebirth. Now, one of the reasons I want to read more about Flash is because I want to see stories involving Reverse Flash. Anyone here have a favorite story involving this villain?

4 Likes

Flashpoint is one of my favorite Reverse Flash stories. I loved rebirth! So glad you are getting into the Flash! 768-800 is really great too. If you want you can always dig in to the archive here and read Flash 139 and the origin of the Reverse Flash. You are in for some good stories. And Harper Row is right about The New 52, The Flash stories in my opinion were much better than the others. Welcome to the Speed Force friend! Great Fans here! :00_flash:

4 Likes