All-Star Superman Deluxe Edition Coming 2022

I’m super excited for this news! January 2022 a deluxe edition of All-Star Superman by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely will be available!

6 Likes

Oh boy! I’ve already got a TPB, but a deluxe edition might be too good to pass up.

And the last Legion stories before The Great Darkness Saga are getting collected. Very cool.

5 Likes

Just in time for my B-Day!

4 Likes

@TheTerrificToyman would find this terrific!

3 Likes

I have the single issues, the trade paperback the Animated film, and the Absolute. You’d think I’d be tired of paying for this story…but nah. I’ll be getting this at some point as well lol

4 Likes

GIVE IT TO ME! I love this story and I will absolutely buy this.

3 Likes

Just recently acquired the original 2 volumes of hardcovers (used at a very reasonable price). Still, instant pre-order on this deluxe.

3 Likes

Golden Age Superman Omnibus Volume #7 for me.

A few more then ALL the Superman are mine!!!

insert Luthor cackle laugh here

2 Likes

Hey me too! We should do an unboxing birthday party :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You know this is the best place to ask, what is the difference between all these different types of collections? I thought I understood but now I’m confused again :stuck_out_tongue: so trade paperback is the regular monthly(ish) issues or are those the multi volume graphic novels? Then they are collected in these absolutes, omnibus, and deluxe versions but what’s the difference between those. Just wondering because I just ordered the Superman/Batman Omnibus after reading some reviews and it seemed like the best version but I’d never heard of a deluxe edition until now.

2 Likes

Here’s a primer that explains it better than I can:

2 Likes

Trade paperbacks are softcover collections. They can be anywhere from just a few issues to around 20 or so. They have a little give to them, which makes them lighter but also easier to bend or scratch.

Hardcovers are more durable, more likely to withstand the rest of time. Usually they are a little bigger than trade paperbacks.

Deluxe editions are hardcover collections, but a size up from standard hardcovers.

You can see some of the size differences here:

The Absolute Editions are oversized hardcovers that come in a slipcase. You can see the size of them here:

Omnibuses are massive hardcover collections. Height wise they are about the size of the deluxe editions, but they contain upwards of 50 issues in one edition. So they’re heavy, but usually contain entire stories/crossovers in one edition.

Here, the DC One Million, Venom, and Flash books are omnibuses.

5 Likes

You guys are such rockstars! Thank you @TheTerrificToyman and @moro! Now I’ve got it straight! :stuck_out_tongue: Seems I have mostly TPBs and one Absolute Watchmen so this will for sure be my first Omnibus!

Side note: I find it so fascinating that when I see people’s libraries they always have the same black shelves :stuck_out_tongue: Great minds think alike and know how to show off the goods!

2 Likes

I have the TPB, I’ve been thinking of getting the absolute but maybe I’ll wait for the deluxe
(I wonder what will be the difference?)

1 Like

Size and price- the deluxe is easier to handle and much more affordable.

1 Like

Oh I know that, I mean what will the deluxe edition have vs what the abosulte edition has

1 Like

I love the pic of your Superman collection! You and I have a lot of the same books. Great fans must think alike.

1 Like

My main tall shelving is also black. My collection also has a mix of things like Dark Horse Gold Key 60s hardcover / tpb collections of Magnus Robot Fighter, Solar: Man of the Atom, Mighty Samson, Space Family Robinson etc.

I ended up purchasing fairly inexpensive gray shorter bookshelf for my Absolute Editions, collections of the Superman Daily newspaper strip from the 40s, Mind MGMT hardcovers, etc.

All these photos of collections are making me sad that I can’t go twice a year across the border 2 hours from here, up to Ontario Canada to Big B Comics at Niagara Falls and Hamilton (the really big store) and stock up on graphic novels, hardcovers, DC Archives either on great sales or (my favorite) their gently used section which are usually least 40% off which combined with the Wonder of the American dollar exchange versus Canadian money makes for a very exciting and fun shopping trip!

They also have an incredible collection of superhero figures, including gigantic ones of folks like 60’s Giant Man.

3 Likes

Well this sounds like a jackpot of a store! I’ll have to put it on my list for when I’m back east visiting family. Priorities right :stuck_out_tongue: A long time ago when I was in NYC my friend took me to some of the comic stores and it was amazing! I’m not sure about the prices but I’d never seen such beautiful statues in my life! It changes the mood of a store when they have stuff like that to gawk at.

2 Likes

Just added All-Star Superman AND Top 10 to my Christmas list. Super pumped!

3 Likes