Alfred Appreciation Week

I have declared this week to be “Alfred Appreciation Week”. From now until next Monday, I encourage people to comment on this post with their favorite Alfred Pennyworth moments.

(Alfred Appreciation Week can also be celebrated on Instagram using the hashtag #alfredappreciationweek)

4 Likes

Headbutting Superman in Injustice!

4 Likes

@Awesome_Squid Yeah that’s definitely my favorite!

3 Likes

Spoilers

4 Likes

The he completely crushes him

3 Likes

And disses him on the way out

2 Likes

The Michael Gough Alfred drinking a Diet Coke (aka a “DC”, which is quite appropos).

hqdefault.jpg

6 Likes

There’s got to be more great Alfred moments… what about that time he dressed as Batman to fight Gotham? Not a fan of the story, but that moment was great.

2 Likes

How bout some Gotham Alfred. Seemed like he had a more working class background. Couple that with his military background and he’s someone you want in your corner.

3 Likes

Holy substitute Batman, Batman!

2 Likes

Holy substitute Batman, Batman!

3 Likes

Kickin’ back with Chief O’Hara.

3 Likes

There are to many to count.

In response to Damien warning that he not to young to understand sarcasm. “And I am to old to care.”

“You start pretending to have fun, you might even have a little by accident.”

“Perhaps you relied on my masters vow against using lethal force. Let me assure you I subscribe to no such niceties.” While loading a shotgun when Booster Gold entered the bat cave without permission, if my memory serves.

He is possibly the best character DC has ever created.

3 Likes

There are too many to count!

I see some of my favorites already listed, so I’ll go with one that never fails to make me laugh: When Alfred made Batman a generous plate of nothing for dinner and then made it a point to throw it away.

2 Likes

I made a post on my Instagram for Alfred Appreciation Week if anyone wants to check it out. https://www.instagram.com/p/B0PFq1Mgy7V/?igshid=n8rb7n8123li

If only the rest of the movie had this kind of writing and acting on display.

https://youtu.be/XBJ93zhz2Cg

2 Likes

Just read a great moment with Harold and Alfred in the Batcave (Batman #465) - Love this - used to get caught up in soaps like Alfred when my mom watched them and I was a kid. General Hospital…got a good laugh. Gotta love Alfred!! alfredone

1 Like

I am pretty late to the party - 7 months since post…not 7 days :rofl:

1 Like

I think it was Oracle Year One or a similar flashback, but Alfred helps Barbara on a case that helps her on the path to becoming a hero again post-Killing Joke.

2 Likes

Wonderful celebration, @TurtleShell1503! Alfred is the best! One of the many things I love about him is that he remains a pillar of strength, often biting his tongue, but will dish out some cold hard truth when the time is right. Here is a page from Batman & Robin that highlights his high road tactics in spite of Damian’s one up attempt. It’s one of my favorites.

4 Likes