After your 1 year (or 14 month) subscription ends, will you go another year or month to month?

I signed up for this service when it was first announced last year and got the 14 month promo. It will end this December. I’m not 100% sure if I will sign up another full year or just got month to month and see what happens. What about the rest of you who were the first ones to sign up or signed up for 1 year later on?

Obviously HBO Max coming in Spring 2020 is something to keep on the look out for and whatever else they get from DC.

7 Likes

DC Universe forever or dor as long as I can see.

6 Likes

Disney+ has recently intrigued me, especially with the Hulu combination. The library in there is going to be flooded with a lot of good stuff.

I also subscribed to this app and received the 14 month subscription. Ive stuck with this thing for quite a long time and the only thing that’s really going to change my mind at this point is that Community 2.0 update and a significant increase in media content.

They need to take it up a notch. I get that license agreements do play some unwarranted restrictions, but in my opinion, I feel that this app launched a bit too early.

But I plan to see this year out and make my decision in December.

3 Likes

I enjoy the movies, the shows, the original shows and the comics. I pay month to month so I’m MORE than satisfied with my subscription.

5 Likes

I mostly use this service for the comics. I don’t anticipate that not being the case any time in the near future, and the price value on a year’s subscription is so ridiculously good that I can’t imagine not going another year.

4 Likes

I have the yearly subscription, and I’m planning to renew it since I have so many comics I want to read. I think I signed up around October. I’m not interested in the Disney+ bundle since I already have Hulu and Spotify bundle for $10 a month. One of my older siblings said they were going to get Disney+, and they told me that I can use their account. One of the perks of having siblings lol

5 Likes

I love having 20,000 comics in my pocket at all times. The only reason I can see I would ever quit subscribing is if I decide I’m spending too much time reading comics.

6 Likes

The comic feature is a great addition. But this service is first a streaming app over anything else. And it’s an area that is lacking. But it’s barely been a year so… We’ll see

2 Likes

I only have 12 months, and plan on renewing. I mean, DC Universe is WAY Better than Marvel Unlimited in a number of ways, and its clear that DC’s community team already has plans past Community 2.0 including the mysterious DC Universe: Year One.

5 Likes

I guess it’s primarily media streaming if that’s how you view it, and yes, I can agree the media selection is lacking if that’s your main reason for subscribing. For me, I watch the original shows and the only other thing I’ve actually really watched is BTAS season 3 because I didn’t have cable as a kid and didn’t get to see it. If all the media disappeared tomorrow, I’d still be happy with the service for the comics.

It is convenient that my kids can have access to this stuff though but they aren’t old enough to appreciate it yet.

2 Likes

I got the year+, I’m here forever on comics alone.

4 Likes

I know I’m talking a lot of crap…

(But I’m probably going to renew)
#causeiloveyouguys

5 Likes

Undecided, it depends on the other services particularly HBO Max. I am going to limit the number of services I subscribe to and right now this one is lacking apart from the comics,which are nice but for me not compelling.

3 Likes

I’m on the fence

3 Likes

$7.99 is good price. Disney+ is good but Hulu will have ads.

I would pay the full year subscription for just the comics. I would also pay a full year subscription for just the community and news. Heck, I would pay a full year subscription for Doom Patrol alone it’s that good. There are so many things on this app that make the service well worth the money. I will be a DC Universe member for as long as the app exists. If I know I’m going to be on the app, there’s no reason to go monthly because yearly is just a better deal.

5 Likes

Year

2 Likes

They’ll have to carry me out…i love it here

7 Likes

I’ll never cancel this

7 Likes

I may have to figure out how to renew, since I know the card I used expired this year, but outside of that I am a lifer. I love this service, this community is like family, and honestly there are so many comics for me to read that it is worth it. I’m not here for the tv/movie media, but my partner has the express goal of watching everything eventually on the service lol For me, I was born and raised to be a comic nerd and this is a great way to get that fix.

8 Likes