:00_shazam: :00_hawkman: After The Movie: Black Adam and Hawkman :00_hawkman: :00_shazam:

Going to see the movie today.

I’ve read a few things on this list. Quick takes on my Black Adam reads below:

Black Adam: The Justice Society Files
My favorite out of what I’ve read. Great comic in its own right. Does a great job of fleshing out the JSA members and giving them backstories/origins. For the first time I actually find myself genuinely interested in them. The mini also tells two other stories: Teth Adam’s early days in ancient Khandaq (surprising how peaceful he was), and backstories for Sarah Shahi and Mohammed Amer’s characters leading right up to the movie. It’s all a very entertaining read, and I highly recommend checking it out before you see the movie.

Black Adam by Christopher Priest
Too early to make a verdict on this one. I subscribed, unsubscribed, resubscribed again, and now it’s an Ultra read for me. So far good not great, but that could change. It has some pacing issues, and can be a bit slow at times. It also suffers from thinking it understands current day Middle Eastern / Egyptian culture while not quite hitting the mark. Despite that, it’s of enough intrigue to keep me reading. I like the new pantheon of ancient gods it introduces into DC. I also feel like the ying yang between Black Adam and his “successor” is going to be fun :slightly_smiling_face:.

4 Likes