After The Batman, What's Next for You as A Reader?

I’m glad :smile:

Part of me was worried that I’d get a reply like “wHaT dO yOu mEaN? bE mOrE sPeCiFiC!” But like, what’s there to be specific about? It’s obvious that I mostly care about one thing, and it’s my babe, no matter what it is. I only have one answer… just one. Only one.

3 Likes

Before, after, whatever Batman film hits the screen my yearly reread is “Batman: Year One”

2 Likes

You’re a Jason Todd fan, eh?

Who knew?

SN: Good choice. :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

The obvious answer is Bruce Wayne: Murderer.

And while I’m at it, how about a little Knightquest?

With a dash of Catwoman goodness…

Finally, I’d wash it down with a little Birds of Prey.

How’s that?

3 Likes

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold the Cheers phone, Sam Malone!

Don’t peddle your wares here, Mr. “You’re going to need a long lens.” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No, no. We’ll have none of that.

Nor will I self-promote how the Justice League Book Club’s micro-read is Catwoman-based (and that the link to it is in my profile), and therefore intelligently and perfectly-timed to the latest live-action movie to feature her, and thusly, should be required reading for anyone wanting a pre and/or post-movie fix of Ms. Kyle.

But, no! No self-promotion is allowed from folks who run high-quality Superman, Justice League and/or Batman-related clubs. No sir! :grin:

SN: You want a grant, Knox? I got a bunch of 'em in my trunk, and I’m running a smooth “Buy 5, Get the 6th free.” sale, because a little birdy told me that you think “six is nice.” :nerd_face:

2 Likes

There are a whole lot of ones on here already mentioned that I agree with, but I’m going to go with Shadow of the Bat and Batman: War on Crime

1 Like

Solid choices (especially Batman: War on Crime), @steelneena.

Is there a particular story from Batman: Shadow of the Bat you’re leaning toward, or is the series as a whole a winner for you?

To add a few movie-centric picks to those I’ve already mentioned, I’m reading Detective Comics Annual #8, along with re-reads of Zero Year and the Detective Comics: Futures End one-shot for my Riddler fix.

1 Like

I really feel like the new film captures that same feel that Shadow of the Bat had. The whole tagline of the series was “The Shadow of the Bat falls on…” And I see that thematically carried out through this film. At the beginning, where each perp was afraid to go into the dark alleyway, in the way that he methodically and single mindedly tracks Riddler.

War on Crime has that same fantastic component where Bats realizes that Batman alone isn’t enough.

1 Like

Going to watch it today. Mildly excited :slightly_smiling_face:.

Guess I’ll see if I’m jonesing to read more Batman afterwards, but have a feeling the 3 hour movie, coupled with being current on Detective and Batman, will be a big enough dose for the time being.

1 Like

puts on his Salesman Hat™

After the movie, don’t forget to look at all of the fine, fine merchandise inspired by The Batman, which is available at retailers near you and online.

When the hunger pangs strike, you know who to call: Little Caesar’s!

You can call them and say “Do you know the number for the closest Pizza Hut? I can’t find it on Google, so…” :grin:

hings his Salesman Hat™ up onto the hat rack as he states for the record that he will not eat The Calzony

1 Like

Was actually thinking of making a thing of it and grabbing the Little Caesar’s calzone after the show :slightly_smiling_face:. No good?

1 Like

You’re welcome to do so, and if I still liked Little Caesar’s, I would absolutely yoink one as well.

However, I don’t care for LC anymore, and I think the Calzony is a goofy tie-in, both conceptually and in execution.

It doesn’t really look like Batman’s emblem, and what does a calzone have to do with Batman, anyway? :man_shrugging:

“About as much as tacos, for when Taco Bell promoted Batman & Robin?”

Pre-cise-ly! :joy:

Seriously though, if you try it out @moro, please LMK what you think. When it comes to pizza and pizza-esque grub, I can be very easily persuaded and thusly, might find a Little Caesars at least somewhere remotely close (which is hard, being that they’re nowhere remotely close to me) to yoink a Calzony from.

1 Like

We don’t do Little Caesar’s for the mere fact that their sauce is usually heartburn inducing for both me & my wife. Figured a little bit of “goofiness” would be fun today though.

May end up springing for a drive through instead… we’ll see :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

I just got tired of it in general. It still tastes good (when I last had it, which was…3 years ago, or so), but I vastly prefer Pizza Hut.

A bit of goofiness is always worth one’s time! :upside_down_face:

I had drive-through last night coughMcDonald’scough. If they were the food tie-in for The Batman (and they were for Batman Returns and Batman Forever), then I would have been able to wear my Salesman’s Hat™ with even more gusto than usual. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like