The Outsiders #13.

3 Likes

The Outsiders #14.

3 Likes

Same as above.

3 Likes

The Outsiders #15.

3 Likes

The Outsiders #19. guys writing about females talking. Made me laugh cuz it’s so generic lol.

6 Likes

DCU Heroes Secret Files & Origins #1.

3 Likes

God, that’s just sooooo bad…and if two women are talking, aren’t “guys” and “the opposite sex” the same thing?

5 Likes

Maybe they’re talking about guys talking about the opposite sex?

5 Likes

Yes, but does it actually pass the Bechdel test?

5 Likes

Maybe, but also if you look at this panel, it includes “guys”, “men”, “boys”, and “the opposite sex”, which are all interchangeable terms (at least usually unless “men” and “boys” are being used for different reasons, like younger versus older). Basically, it’s implying that they’re talking about guys multiple times alongside other topics that are usually associated with ladies.

I’m not gonna say that it’s not accurate, especially depending on how old these two characters are (like if they’re 15 versus 25), but yeah… girls/women/ladies/the female gender do talk about other things beyond what is stereotypical. And keep in mind, for the longest time there were certain writers that just genuinely did not know how else to portray certain characters that were the opposite sex of them, but luckily the times have changed and this is waning down, and when it does happen it gets called out. Judging based on the art style here, this is from that era and wasn’t published today. At least it gives us all something to giggle at though.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Ty. Pulled thoughts directly out of my head.

4 Likes

You too @Jurisdiction just glad some people know me better…

3 Likes

You better believe it!

3 Likes

Nightwing #88.

5 Likes

Nightwing #88.

4 Likes

WW #783.

3 Likes

I suddenly like Artemis a lot more than I did when I opened this thread. :joy:

4 Likes

I needed to delete that. On my own I mean. I just didn’t want to plug a thread. Just put em up the other day. So was thinking I can show u a ton right this second lol. Redhood & The Outlaws (rebirth) is where they’re were from. All are great tho. Been around forever too (Atremis)-& I’m not telling u anything u don’t know ? lol, just another reason I love her so much!!!

4 Likes

Yeah, the only Artemis material I own is the Challenge of Artemis TPB, where the whole point is to not like her, haha. Guess I need to catch up.

4 Likes