Actual LOL Moments From the Comics

Share moments in the comics that made you actually laugh out loud, choke on your drink, or really amused you. I just came across these panels and I couldn’t help but burst out laughing (at work, no less). The thought of Alfred playing off disdain for a Soap Opera Harold is watching, only to show his true colors, gave me quite the laugh. Reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom was watching General Hospital and I would come in the room and then realize 15 minutes later I got sucked in :joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile: (that happened to Kramer in Seinfeld if anyone remembers that) Looking forward to seeing what you all share!

alfredone

42 Likes

I’m not sure anything makes me laugh aloud. Ambush Bug and JLI would be the closest candidates for me.

8 Likes

I have many candidates for this thread, but I first want to say that every issues of the current volume of Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen could be here.

10 Likes

Gotta be Batman with his Nyquil-laced fist

42 Likes

This made me have an audible snort. It’s from the All Ages book Zatanna and the House of Secrets

-C

8 Likes

Batman universe #3

38 Likes

@cosnerama.86780 - I think I will have to check out that Jimmy Olsen volume - is it meant to be comedy?

@Bukdiah - that was great - especially love the response Canary has to missing it - sooo depressing lol

@thrakaboom - I chuckled too - was that Zatara on the stool?

@Thebatman.7002 - great share! I need a cave too lol

6 Likes

Yes. Yes it is.

18 Likes

@Gothamite.ZJN it’s Klarion the Witch Boy!

4 Likes

I put this in favorite quotes but it definitely applies here as well

And this scene never gets old!

10 Likes

Oh I see it :joy:

3 Likes

Great shares - where are they from?

3 Likes

They’re from DCs first Star Trek comic series (1984-1988) issues 24-25
The first is a scan from issue 24 directly, the second is a screen capture from a CD Rom I have that contains the Gold Key run, the post Motion Picture Marvel run and all of DCs Classic cast and Next Gen runs as well as Malibu’s Deep Space 9 run.

5 Likes

You know now that you say that I should have known lol Starfleet should have been a giveaway. I had no idea DC did Star Trek comics. Very cool!

4 Likes

IIRC, If you open those Star Trek comics in Adobe directly, you won’t have those watermarks.

4 Likes

It was the first DC Title that I really committed to long-term. I jumped in between Star Trek III and IV and The house ads in it gave me a window into DC’s Crisis/Post-Crisis landscape.

5 Likes

29 Likes

Such a Bizarro move

10 Likes

JLI of the late 80’s had many such moments. Still one of my all time favorite series.

8 Likes

20 Likes